Eurotunnel to France do I need to Quarantine (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
We are wanting to travel to Spain our normal route is usually Eurotunnel to France then transit through to Spain. At the moment it appears the Brittany Ferries direct to Spain seems to be straightforward & may have to be the way to go. However we have 8 single tickets for Eurotunnel which expire in December 2021 (they have already been extended by Eurotunnel) so we would prefer to use them.
All the information I have read states that we can enter France as long as we complete a couple of forms and have a COVID test, some information states that we have to self isolate for 7 days and other info does not mention this.
We were considering going by car and driving straight through to the Spanish border as we both drive, if however we have to self isolate then we could take the van and self isolate on a pre-booked site, not sure yet how we would manage food for 7 days as lots of restrictions what we can take into France, would look into this in more detail if necessary.
Has anyone entered France over the last couple of days and do you have to self isolate & how was Border Control.

OP
OP
Edenside
Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
I checked with ours & covered for medical problems but not Covid cancellations so that’s ok with us.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
We are wanting to travel to Spain our normal route is usually Eurotunnel to France then transit through to Spain. At the moment it appears the Brittany Ferries direct to Spain seems to be straightforward & may have to be the way to go. However we have 8 single tickets for Eurotunnel which expire in December 2021 (they have already been extended by Eurotunnel) so we would prefer to use them.
All the information I have read states that we can enter France as long as we complete a couple of forms and have a COVID test, some information states that we have to self isolate for 7 days and other info does not mention this.
We were considering going by car and driving straight through to the Spanish border as we both drive, if however we have to self isolate then we could take the van and self isolate on a pre-booked site, not sure yet how we would manage food for 7 days as lots of restrictions what we can take into France, would look into this in more detail if necessary.
Has anyone entered France over the last couple of days and do you have to self isolate & how was Border Control.

Have you called the French Ambassy in London? Surely they will give the best answer

Amicalement
Frankie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

caroh

Free Member
Jul 15, 2009
Funster No
Can you tell me which insurance, as all I have tried say the same, amber and insurance is void.

Upvote 0
Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Can you tell me which insurance, as all I have tried say the same, amber and insurance is void.
Nationwide Flexplus still covers amber and even red as long as the FCO advice is not 'avoid ALL travel'. There are some covid cancellation exclusions but travel and breakdown cover is still valid.
Edit ::

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

HectorsHoose

Free Member
May 10, 2021
Perth, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
Since 2016
From the 9th June anyone who has a certificate of proof of two vaccines & a negative test (PCR or lateral flow) can travel to France from the UK https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/ne...n-june-9-for-travellers-from-third-countries/

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back