Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
We're off next weekend, don't get stressed travelling in the motorhome why would you, sit back chill out put the kettle on relax even put the tv on if you want.

Not going in the motorhome...wish we were as far easier. Nope this is a classic car run.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We went through on Thursday, no problems whatsoever, didn't sight any immigrants, it's the luck of the draw, had about half hold up on the N154 near Orleans, now in Millau till Sunday then moving on.

you wont...I brought them all back on Tuesday...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gedbradleigh

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
Funster No
We're going on the 5th. Hopefully be sorted by then but if not will just have to wait. At least we have the comfort of the mh to relax in (y)(y)(y)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
my booking is for 22.40 on the 4th Sept nobody spoil my enjoyment away for 2 weeks no plan but would like to see Lake Como Lake Garda Venice. no plan nothing should go wrong not with my itinereray anyhow lol

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Going on the 5th for 3 weeks via Dunkirk, back around the 26th.

2 nights in Jeugstadion, wander on to Luxemburg, over to Trier and then the rest wandering around Central/Northern France, may dip a toe in to Switzerland.

No timescale or set itinerary, just take it as it comes.

Hymie.

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
Off tomorrow for 4 weeks - Portsmouth - Caen :)

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
1974 Triumph Stag and a TVR Chimaera (which is the one we are taking accross the tunnel in a couple of weeks).
Very nice machines....dont see many Stags around anymore, even at the Classic Car Shows here in Ireland, I'm sure there's quite a few in the Uk though(y)

Stagman

Free Member
Aug 19, 2015
North Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3yrs
(y)Yes theres still a good few. Always hankered after a Stag in my youth but marriage and responsibilities got in the way. Now i have one that i am doing up. Just had her resprayed and very pleased.

Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
(y)Yes theres still a good few. Always hankered after a Stag in my youth but marriage and responsibilities got in the way. Now i have one that i am doing up. Just had her resprayed and very pleased.
I should have cottoned on by your usename!....I paint cars for a living. Dont do many classics, mainly the boring stuff. Painted all my own classics, 1975 VW 1303, 1986 924S and my 1989 944 TURBO ...pic of 944 at car show ( Being judged in concours )

TURBO...
Radisson 09.jpg

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
  • Latest Travel Information

• For customers travelling today via our UK Terminal
    Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an incident on the terminal which is in the process of being resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 30 minutes on the terminal.
    We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this will cause to your journey.
    For customers travelling today via our French Terminal
    Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an incident on the terminal which is in the process of being resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 30 minutes on the terminal.

This information is also available via our 24 hour (recorded) service information on +44 (0) 8444 63 00 00. (Calls cost up to 7p/min + your phone company's access charge )
    Last update: 18/09/2015 - 11:27 (GMT +1hr)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Latest Travel Information

Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an incident on the terminal which is in the process of being resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 60 minutes on the terminal.
    Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an incident on the terminal which is in the process of being resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 60 minutes on the terminal.

This information is also available via our 24 hour (recorded) service information on +44 (0) 8444 63 00 00. (Calls cost up to 7p/min + your phone company's access charge )
    Last update: 21/09/2015 - 08:13 (GMT +1hr)

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
  • Latest Travel Information

Last update: 24/09/2015 - 10:07 (GMT +1hr)

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Problems again today

Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an incident on the terminal which is in the process of being resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 2 hours on the terminal.

Last update: 25/09/2015 - 08:38 (GMT +1hr)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Can I ask why many people use the tunnel..? I've been over many times form Dover to Dunkirk and in all those years never had a problem.
The tunnel is 2-3 times more expense then the ferry and with all the hold ups recently just as long to cross ..? Plus all the stress the and worry... I know it is quicker when working ok but are you all in a rush...?

On the plus side for me is that it gives me a bit of a break from the long journey to Dover...
Now I say all this but have never yet done it in a motorhome...... Does that make a difference ...?

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
When we crossed over 4 weeks ago from Dover in the tunnel our journey was put back an hour due to there being over 150 migrants in one of the carriages when they opened it up for the first morning crossing from Calaise - I dont want to open a BIG can of worms here and please forgive my ignorance in the matter of migrants or whatever you prefer to call them, I dont watch much TV as in the way whats on it like soaps/News, and have never bought Newspapers so all i see or hear about is what i catch on the net or from other people - So: Whats caused all this mass immigration all over europe ? Most european countries are being flooded by migrants and it seems like most are heading in this direction - where are they all coming from ? Cos by the looks of things its like theres been a countries wiped off the map and all these are heading for shelter but i know thats not the case...

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Can I ask why many people use the tunnel..? I've been over many times form Dover to Dunkirk and in all those years never had a problem.
The tunnel is 2-3 times more expense then the ferry and with all the hold ups recently just as long to cross ..? Plus all the stress the and worry... I know it is quicker when working ok but are you all in a rush...?

On the plus side for me is that it gives me a bit of a break from the long journey to Dover...
Now I say all this but have never yet done it in a motorhome...... Does that make a difference ...?
Not so.. Sharing frequent traveller its £108 return year round. Fast and convenient would not go any other way....

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Not so.. Sharing frequent traveller its £108 return year round. Fast and convenient would not go any other way....
True but it isn't a lot of use it you only want to use it once. Hardly likely to find someone who wanst 8/9.
Even at £108 return it will still be cheaper on the ferry-
Lastly I am not a mole , if the ferry sinks I can swim ! :)

OP
OP
scousebird

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012

Our passenger service is currently operating with some timetable disruption, this is due to an incident on the terminal which is in the process of being resolved. There is a waiting time of approximately 3 and a half hours on the terminal. We regret that we are currently unable to sell tickets to non reserved customers.

Last update: 25/09/2015 - 14:54 (GMT +1hr)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
True but it isn't a lot of use it you only want to use it once. Hardly likely to find someone who wanst 8/9.
Even at £108 return it will still be cheaper on the ferry-
Lastly I am not a mole , if the ferry sinks I can swim ! :)

I worked on London underground for over 20 years and prefer a nice warm (non wet!) tunnel anyday:)
For one, one way ticket a year stick with ferries....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back