Eurotunnel Frequent Travellers, July Aug Schools hols 2016 BOOK NOW !!! (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
If you have a Eurotunnel frequent traveller account and planning on travelling late July and August 2016 (School Holidays) suggest you book now.

I have been checking every day for July and they went on sale today and pretty much nothing left for 22/23rd July first couple of days of the School holidays.

Of course if you want to book full price and not use your frequent traveller there is plenty of room, shame on Eurotunnel rewarding there frequent travellers with bugger all availability...

OP
OP
orridge
May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
I agree, we usually only book 3/4 months ahead and over the last 2 years didn't have a problem getting the day we wanted but some of the more popular times were not available. This year we worked out when we needed to buy the 12 month pass and booked end of Summer, Christmas and Easter back in August.

Perhaps it's just motorhomes as I just re-checked for a car instead of Campervan and there is a lot more space available on 22nd July...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ferry companies in price rip off shock horror?

They are a bunch of crooks

We go to the Isle Of Wight festival and the ferry companies kindly double their prices for the duration of the festival, crooks!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Of course if you want to book full price and not use your frequent traveller there is plenty of room, shame on Eurotunnel rewarding there frequent travellers with bugger all availability...

I thought the whole point of the frequent traveller scheme was that you had to travel at off peak times? Hasn't that always been the case? With the best will in the world they are only going to be able to run so many trains in those periods and once they're full they're full. Not anything you can blame them for really.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I cant get myself organised for tea for tonight let alone making July bookings.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I thought the whole point of the frequent traveller scheme was that you had to travel at off peak times? Hasn't that always been the case? With the best will in the world they are only going to be able to run so many trains in those periods and once they're full they're full. Not anything you can blame them for really.

without looking you can go out from approx 4.30 pm and back before 1 pm (subject to availability) you can go other times but it means a supplement - that varies due to demand..

Have used it for many year and never had an issue until last year:(

My fault for making it so popular with the sharing thread:D

when nothing available on frequent traveler and you look at normal price there is availability so the bastards are throttling it back

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Ferry companies in price rip off shock horror?

They are a bunch of crooks

We go to the Isle Of Wight festival and the ferry companies kindly double their prices for the duration of the festival, crooks!

Hi @Jabberwocky,
I live on the island and prices shoot up w/ends , school hols & IoW festival & Bestival times.
I suggest you stay extra night at a 5 van, prices go back to normal then, if you need any suggestions as to which 5 van just ask.
Terry

OP
OP
orridge
May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
You have to pay the 11 each way motorhome supplement regardless of time but off-peak that is the only supplements, at other times they have peak, high peak, because we feel like it peak you can pay the supplement and travel at that time.

My point is there is pretty much no availability high peak supplement or not for frequent travellers during that time and thats 9 months out.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
some one printed the email of the MD of eurotunnel some french git:giggle:, the other day..I cant find it. think we should all hammer him with complaints..Spam the barsteward!:censored:

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I am a frequent traveller but don't take up the deal, choosing to use Clubcard points instead.

I just booked for 21st July 2016, returning late August.... cost was £187 (£60ccp + £7) both ways travelling off peak....

Don't ever recall the prices being so high. Clearly any disruption in services is not putting passengers off

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi @Jabberwocky,
I live on the island and prices shoot up w/ends , school hols & IoW festival & Bestival times.
I suggest you stay extra night at a 5 van, prices go back to normal then, if you need any suggestions as to which 5 van just ask.
Terry

Thanks for the tip, I've never heard of 5 vans before,I take it they are all caravan club sites? We aren't members and from what I've read they are for members only?

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
@Jabberwocky ,
No they can be CC or CCC, yes supposed to be members only, but most don't check.
if you need suggestions just ask, by the way which ferry do you use to come over on.

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
@FIDGET

I'll certainly look at any suggestions you have, thanks.

We used wightlink lymington to Yarmouth last year

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back