Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
For the last few years we have travelled on Eurotunnel using the Frequent Traveller Account. I have just purchased my new bundle of crossings & booked the first one. We have a PVC on a Citroen Relay with the V5 registered body type Motor Caravan. We have always booked under vehicle type Campervan but on this occasion it would not recognise ours as Campervan and I had to book under Van as under 3.5 tones. Has anyone else had problems with a new set of crossings. I am just wondering if it will now restrict Motorhome over 3.5 tones.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
That does not really make sense as the options for van are either under 1.85m or over 1.85m not by weight and the option to choose campervan is the usual one you have to choose before selecting a crossing and only then do you add the vehicle details.

perhaps a glitch in the system but cannot see ET banning larger vehicles as they carry much heavy coaches etc in the passenger carriages.

Jun 30, 2012
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
March 16
I had similar glitch on last booking, system accepted 'campervan' but wouldn't recognise our registration number as a 'campervan'.
We completed the booking without reg no then phoned customer services with the issue...they manually amended booking, very helpful !!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Not very helpful other than to confirm its not affecting everyone, I renewed mine in June, used 3 return crossings to date with no issues. 3.5t PVC on a Ducato. Sounds like a glitch somewhere.

OP
OP
Edenside
Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
We were using our old set of crossings right up to September & no trouble with Campervan booking. When it wouldn't accept Campervan this time & I chose van it came up with an envelope stating private vans up to 3.5 tons could cross as long as not carrying goods. Never asked for height & length like it usually does.

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
Never asked for height & length like it usually does.
Well that's interesting as we've used ET loads with both a USRV and PVC and never been asked for either height or length, just put them both in as campervan. :)

Mick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
I had similar glitch on last booking, system accepted 'campervan' but wouldn't recognise our registration number as a 'campervan'.
We completed the booking without reg no then phoned customer services with the issue...they manually amended booking, very helpful !!!

me also , I phoned them & they said just book it as camper van with reg unknown, then phone them giving them the reference number & they sorted it out , when I arrived I went straight through no problems

2AE13EE5-11F5-4AB5-A304-B261A760CD09.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back