Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller booking shenanigans (1 Viewer)

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Limousin France & Yorkshire UK
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
Shenanigans may be a bit strong but the strangest thing happened today when I looked at availability of Eurotunnel Frequent Traveller crossings for next Wednesday.

When I searched ticket availability there was very little and it seemed I'd have little alternative but to pay the full standard fare if I wanted to use a train at my preferred time.

However, my wife, whom is the nominated person on my Eurotunnel wallet/account was also searching availability for exactly the same date/times, and she got a COMPLETELY different view of available crossings. There were plenty on offer.

I double checked this anomaly and again we got different views whilst logged in simultaneously.

Something weird and maybe dodgy is going on.

OP
OP
Lucky

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
PS, the reason my wife is my nominated person is we plan to travel in separate vehicles at the same time, and to do this she needs to book her own crossing and potentially present her own bank card at check in.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
, and she got a COMPLETELY different view of available crossings. There were plenty on offer.
They do it all the time ,Ferry co's also. #Scammersrus .
I've even done it using French site ,UK site , german; etc & all are different. On the ferry sites some even have different measurments for MH's ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lucky

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
We might be talking at cross purposes.

I agree there is limited availability of Frequent Traveller tickets and when they've gone I need to pay the standard fare.

What I don't accept so readily is they show one user that FT tickets have sold out and simultaneously show another user there are plenty available.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Try clearing the cookies on the browser you are using to book on, some companies keep track at how many times you have viewed a certain page and adjust the info according.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We might be talking at cross purposes.

I agree there is limited availability of Frequent Traveller tickets and when they've gone I need to pay the standard fare.

What I don't accept so readily is they show one user that FT tickets have sold out and simultaneously show another user there are plenty available.
I am not sure I understand either. Are you saying both you and your wife named on the frequent traveller account? Why would you do that, or do you travel separately at times?

OP
OP
Lucky

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
I am not sure I understand either. Are you saying both you and your wife named on the frequent traveller account? Why would you do that, or do you travel separately at times?
Yes we are both named. As you say, sometimes we travel separately and hence each of us has to be able to make a booking and be lead traveller.

OP
OP
Lucky

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
Try clearing the cookies on the browser you are using to book on, some companies keep track at how many times you have viewed a certain page and adjust the info according.
Good idea.

I understand another technique to avoid cookies being used against us is to open an incognito tab on the browser.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back