takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
According to their terms and conditions the frequent traveler scheme only apply s to cars, however just had an email

You can open a standard FQ account at 390.00 gbp and register under category car. However, after registration process you can make a booking but select motorhome each time you wish to travel with this vehicle and a supplement of £9.00 will apply on each direction.

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I used it for a year in 2006/7when I knew I was going to use 10 one way trips. The price is still the same. £48 each way compared to the off peak fares of about £61 then and £72 now.

I always prefer to travel off peak anyway so the time restrictions weren't a problem.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
You pay an additional £9 supplement for each trip for a motorhome. excellent value and convenience IMO. We have not used it last year and this due to very cheap ferry offers and due to recession only visiting Europe 3 times a year......But I really miss it:Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

takeaflight

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
Stratford-upon-Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Did the £9.00 supplement cover all sizes of Motorhomes ?

I believe so, you just have to travel out of peak hours, which we do anyway.

But will we do 5 trips ?

What I have been doing up to now, I find the best deal for us on their web site, then book it through the C and CC which gets me around a 10 - 15 % discount.:thumb:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I have just Emailed them to enquire about the supplements for my motorhome & the dog :Smile:. We had only planned on 2 trips this year, but this could tempt us to more :Smile:

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
We used this service last year for 5 trips and will book again for this year for what it costs for the covenience even if you only made 4 trips I feel its good value for money Its nice to just book outward journey and not have to bother with the return until you are ready to come home .

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
I looked at this for us as well, but quite like the break and the leg stretch that you get on the ferry.
Also the supplement for motorhomes with seafrance is only £2.50 each way and £19 each way if you buy 10 trips.:thumb:

Gutted that I missed their recent offer of £19 each way on a single ticket. Missed it by 40 minuts by the time we figured out dates:cry::cry:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
The Tunnel gets my vote as it is less stressful for the dog :Smile:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Had a reply from Eurotunnel about the supplements.

"The fee for the pet control is £30.00 per dog and if you are travelling with a motorhome there will be £9.00 supplement on each leg of the journey."

So it would appear that the size of the motorhome doesn't make a difference to the supplement :Smile:

pegasus

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since Nov 2009
Also the supplement for motorhomes with seafrance is only £2.50 each way and £19 each way if you buy 10 trips.:thumb:

To get it a £19 you need to by 10 return trips. It is £30 for 5 return trips though opposed to £39 with the eurotunnel. Adding the motorhome supp:
£32.50 seafrance (+ additional supp if more than 8m)
£48.00 eurotunnel

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
We used it last year and are going to again this year for the convienience its worth every penny just do not like ferries @ £390 + £90 for motorhome its good value even if we did not use the 5 trips in 12 months its worth it .

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
We used this service last year for 5 trips and will book again for this year for what it costs for the covenience even if you only made 4 trips I feel its good value for money Its nice to just book outward journey and not have to bother with the return until you are ready to come home .

Hi K - I've still got the notes from our telcons last year - for reasons to boring to post here I've not yet used the Eurotunnel frequent traveler thing but all being well I will be doing it in mid June. (And then August and then October :RollEyes:)

Like you say it's a great service and I too will not know my return date so can just book the outward and then do the return when ready, you told me that it can be left to just 24 hours before return which is great for me.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
We used it last year, Mrs ShiftZZ is not very good on boats :helptitanic: Its also a lot quicker and closer to Cite De Europe..

ShiftZZ

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back