Eurotunnel France. (1 Viewer)

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I am not over confident that we are going to find a quick answer. We can easily say what we would like to happen, then reality kicks in. Although it sounds like many of them WANT to come here. I am sure that what they would like most of all, is to stay at home but they either dare not or cannot afford to.
We nearly all feel most comfortable in our birthplaces and I am sure it must be the same for them.
We could of course 'cherry pick' people who are useful to use and allow them in.

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Well, doing a t of thread combining, if I win a mutiple rollover I'd invest in a Ro-Ro ferry & 50 artics . Can you see where this is going ?:) I know where the ferry would be going.:D

For that sort of money I'd have done them as well. :mad::LOL:

& I'd drop them in with the illegals, along with the strikers, non-assisting Gendarmes, UK border agency workers & torch the lot.
If they are not actively attempting to do their jobs then as far as I am concerned they are even worse than the migrants as I , unfortunately, am contributing to there wages & don't expect to have to do the work myself , unpaid.:restmycase:
Tut Tut lets moderate the conversation, violence is for the uneducated

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 31, 2012
here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650
Exp
Since December 2012
With all the different thoughts above, one point that has been completely missed is this;
If all these Migrants are escaping from Wars, Poverty, etc, why aren't all their women folk and kids with them ?? Surely as a Man, you would first and foremost want to protect your wife and kids. That is one of the first laws of survival, surely? All we see on the News, is young men in their 20's and 30's trying to get to the UK. They don't look like war torn refugees to me, but economical migrants, a huge difference, in my view.
BillyS (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Still waiting for the omniscient to provide the Calais solution.. And not blame the big bad West for everything.
What's up.. No ideas..
:boxing:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
With all the different thoughts above, one point that has been completely missed is this;
If all these Migrants are escaping from Wars, Poverty, etc, why aren't all their women folk and kids with them ?? Surely as a Man, you would first and foremost want to protect your wife and kids. That is one of the first laws of survival, surely? All we see on the News, is young men in their 20's and 30's trying to get to the UK. They don't look like war torn refugees to me, but economical migrants, a huge difference, in my view.
BillyS (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

There is s mix, most being interviewed on tv were certainly from war torn countries? Like most historic immigration, men come first, get a job find accommodation, family follows...but a lot of these young men at Calais who can be classed as economic, probably single...... real reason for coming of course to get their hands on your money & women :)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
For those travelling this weekend. Be aware there are demonstrations today in Calais by the dock workers. Not sure what this will mean for travellers.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Hmm I think the French workers committed some of the offences that you mention above, However, do you not think that this is part of the problem caused by Bush and Blair? just a thought

If I remember correctly the Allies also included France. It was the French Foreign Legion battle group that swept around the Iraqi right flank towards Baghdad...

Adn in the second Gulf war the Alliance was even wider based...

May 6, 2015
Teesside
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1980
I passed through the tunnel yesterday evening, I saw French police in a few petrol stations before Dunkirk and between Dunkirk and Calais, spotted a couple of guys walking along the motorway towards Calais, apart from that, I saw nothing, no queue to speak of just the usual Friday traffic and no extra security or checks.
After reading the news during the week I was expecting chaos, but pleasantly surprised at the lack of drama.

colin DT

Free Member
Jun 27, 2015
Northampton
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi from a newbie to Motorhome Fun. My wife a I regularly use the tunnel we travel all through Europe including the Balkan countries. The only places we see migrants ......at the Greek borders, ferries and land crossings. Throughout our many routes there are no sign of any illegals. To me this suggests that they are being transported to the French coastal areas by the "many" Romanian, Bulgarian, Turkish and many other truckers that we see enroute to Calais. With the Shengen agreement helping as they freely travel towards the "Golden Island" where they are dropped off and wait to board UK trucks.
We always stop overnight at Cite Europe at the motorhome Aire usually spending our waiting time watching illegals trying to get on, in , under the day trip coaches. We get away at 0500 the following morning , illegals are usually still sleeping ! We check underneath then proceed to checkin, where it is usually quiet.
Our last re-entry into UK was 28th May we showed our passports to a disinterested border agency staff member ( British ) who never asked usual questions , where did we stop night , where have we come from! drove through the security check (French) where severel disinterested officers never even made eye contact, we did not even get the monitor shoved through the window for the explosives check and drove straight to the lane to embark , where the only interest in us was to check if the gas was turned off . More effort should be put into checking the trucks coming through Europe, but hey ho why bother, the EU states are getting rid of the Problem in their own country then putting the blame on the good ole UK. Its worth mentioningthat the only place I have had problems with migrants was at the port of Patras North Greece, never had a problem , touch wood ! Anywhere else​

J&S

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Hurworth on Tees, Darlington
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Wentworth
Exp
Since 1982
Gosh whats all this then... are you not the same bunch of fun loving Funsters we newbies joined up with very recently.

Whats got into you all squabble squabble and even some insults chucked about too.

Yes there's a problem a very big problem but squabbling amongst ourselves.....!

.. come on Funsters lets be British and go out in the mid day sun!

J&S

Free Member
May 8, 2015
Hurworth on Tees, Darlington
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Wentworth
Exp
Since 1982
oh! And thanks to the British crooks amongst us that as yet they are not bringing EIs across the English Chanel .... dread the thought!:eek::clap:

Bren

Free Member
Nov 29, 2013
Kent
Funster No
MH
Timberland van conversion
Exp
1st year
we traveled to France and back with the camper on the tunnel and return back a week before the strike .. there was no problem at all
And didn't see one illegal immigrant , if you come straight up the A16 ita all motorway ... Think they just took advantage of the strike .the lorries backed up

Jack Russel

Free Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stockport
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
We travelled via Dunkirk, returning on 16th June. We wouldn't use Calais again. Dunkirk is so much better. We had the dog and she was fine in the van.

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
We returned vie the tunnel a day early on the 2nd July lorries were stacked right through from Belgium and all along the 16 including Dunkirk we only saw one immigrant walking along the road thank goodness, we proceeded into the car/bus/motorhome area with no problem.
We managed to get the dogs checked in and onto a day earlier train with no extra cost, the trouble only started when we hit the M20 which someone in their wisdom decided to close.!!
We crawled along the A20 along with all the foreign lorries and visitors ! I don't know what they thought about the chaos they had travelled like us probably with the French police organizing it all at the other side who kept the traffic moving slowly but efficiently. It took us 3 and a half hours to get to Canterbury where we managed to stop at the Camping and Caravanning site we were both stressed and shattered.
O.H has thrown in the towel and decided that is our last time we are crossing the channel :rolleyes: we will see !! I must admit though I agree at the moment.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back