May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
:cry:
Turned our Tesco vouchers into tunnel ones but there was an inexplicable email glitch in getting the voucher from them,- waited 24 hrs plus as instructed; phoned - helpful lad sent the voucher again but this was a delay of 3 days - no problem I thought as we had plenty of time.......
Just about to book so checked departures etc- [I had first looked /priced it as no refunds on vouchers on Tuesday 14th July ]- and ARGH !! all the prices for the same dates had gone up - initial search showed our planned return trip in September was between £184 cheapest £232 dearest depending on sailing times - now showing over £250 cheapest.... same times same dates
So I have been trying to call to book all day on all the numbers listed on voucher and on earlier Fun posts [thank you guys] but just getting a recorded message saying they are very busy please book on line [which you cant with vouchers !Grr] or try later . So have given up and booked on line paying full price as fear prices may rise again? We will use the vouchers later in the year [ski ing ? or next year early in season if there is a glimmer of hope.]

Cant help feeling this is the universe's way of saying don't go .... now going to remove the shower room door- expect it will fall on me

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
The chunnel have gone from touchy feely to full on with their prices. They know there will be home owners wanting to visit their houses after 4 months along with the motorhome community. It is always going to be the best option for us with not having to get out of van, pets and Folkestone being most handy port.
We got whacked an extra £60 after using Tesco vouchers as we swapped 6 weeks down to 5 days. C'est la vie.
Will be interesting to see how busy they are later in the year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
:cry:
Turned our Tesco vouchers into tunnel ones but there was an inexplicable email glitch in getting the voucher from them,- waited 24 hrs plus as instructed; phoned - helpful lad sent the voucher again but this was a delay of 3 days - no problem I thought as we had plenty of time.......
Just about to book so checked departures etc- [I had first looked /priced it as no refunds on vouchers on Tuesday 14th July ]- and ARGH !! all the prices for the same dates had gone up - initial search showed our planned return trip in September was between £184 cheapest £232 dearest depending on sailing times - now showing over £250 cheapest.... same times same dates
So I have been trying to call to book all day on all the numbers listed on voucher and on earlier Fun posts [thank you guys] but just getting a recorded message saying they are very busy please book on line [which you cant with vouchers !Grr] or try later . So have given up and booked on line paying full price as fear prices may rise again? We will use the vouchers later in the year [ski ing ? or next year early in season if there is a glimmer of hope.]

Cant help feeling this is the universe's way of saying don't go .... now going to remove the shower room door- expect it will fall on me
We booked our return yesterday with Frequent travel and it kept crashing, so in the end I rang up and got it sorted. I find them pretty good, they extended our account for a year without being asked

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
It's gone crazyo_O

We were hoping to go out first weekend in September but just looking at the pricing, we may delay and go a week later when pricing seems to return to normal!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
As suspected, pricing has returned to some form of normality this morning and prices seem to be as expected for September; I had better get ours booked before they change their minds again.......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back