Eurotunnel and the "Statement of Honour" (1 Viewer)

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Apologies, as I know this subject has had a lot of air time, but reading back I cannot find the answer that I want

We are leaving by Eurotunnel on Wednesday morning, at about 09:30, and I have had Emails from them encouraging me to upload the health declaration. The health declaration that I have states that I have had no symptoms, on their list, in the last 48 hours. Can I load it now or do I need to wait until 48 hours before departure?

TIA

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Apologies, as I know this subject has had a lot of air time, but reading back I cannot find the answer that I want

We are leaving by Eurotunnel on Wednesday morning, at about 09:30, and I have had Emails from them encouraging me to upload the health declaration. The health declaration that I have states that I have had no symptoms, on their list, in the last 48 hours. Can I load it now or do I need to wait until 48 hours before departure?

TIA
I’ve just done ours this afternoon. We’re crossing tonight. I too thought it was asking for declaration de honneur. When I tried to fill it in it’s just asking if we’re double vaccinated and still says proof will be required at the terminal. No mention of the declaration de honneur. We have physical copies of each so will use them on arrival at the terminal.

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015

TIA
You are declaring you have no symptoms in the 48 hours prior to departure so I would presume you would have to attach it just before travel?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We came over last week. We downloaded and printed the Declaration d’Honeur well in advance but only signed it on the day of departure.
It wasn’t asked for or looked at.
The TousAntiCovid app has been scanned several times.

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Load all the documents requested by Eurotunnel. Load the health declaration up to 48hrs before travel.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner

TIA
I've just looked at the French Health Declaration on DFDS website and there is no reference to the timescale for submission stated. If the purpose is to get a 'not in last 48 hours' declaration that is worth anything, logic suggests that the Form should be completed on the day of sailing, or late evening on the previous day. Otherwise, you could complete the Form over the weekend when you have plenty of time and make an honest declaration, before proceeding onto the train and coughing COVID over everybody! [not that you would, but I'm sure you see my point]

Can you phone Eurotunnel or plough through their FAQs/COVID Updates?

Hope that someone who has gone through the process will be back in UK and can give an answer based on their experience

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Hope that someone who has gone through the process will be back in UK and can give an answer based on their experience.
Going to France, we logged into our Eurotunnel account, and completed the API and Health Declaration. At the tunnel, booked in, presented passport and NHS QR code for double vaccination for French immigration, were asked if our gas was turned off, and presented passport to UK immigration.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back