Eurotunnel: Advance info required from 1st April (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Not an unlike button so all I can say is WTAF are you on about?

A British citizen cannot leave the UK without a passport.Try it.

A British citizen, especially one born before the rule change in 1983, or someone with the right to abode in the Uk does not require a passport to enter the UK. You must be able to prove who you are.

From the passport office info;

2: Whilst there is no formal requirement in United Kingdom law for British Citizens to carry a passport to enter the United Kingdom, individuals are required to satisfy Immigration Officers of their nationality and identity when entering any country - including the United Kingdom. The presentation of a passport at immigration control points indicates that
the holder has provided the issuing authority with original documentation proving entitlement to United Kingdom citizenship. In the absence of a national identity card, this is the most convenient way of establishing identity and providing irrefutable evidence of British nationality.

However, the UK Immigration Service may be willing to accept some other form of documentation as proof of identity although checks would need to be made. If so, this would inevitably lead to considerable delay and inconvenience at the port of re-entry to the United Kingdom.

It might be worth noting that if a passenger has registered with the UK Border Agency's IRIS system prior to travel, they will not need to show a valid passport upon arrival, although it should still be carried.

3. For most countries in Europe (apart from the Irish Republic) people travelling from the United Kingdom still need to have a valid travel document to comply with immigration controls. For the moment, the only valid travel document issued by the UK is the passport.

As I said you need one to leave but not re-enter.(y)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
we could take our foster child out of the UK but we needed a letter from the social/s to bring her back.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I think it is disgusting : Already bad enough that it is the only country that you cannot LEAVE without a passport ,now the pòkenose scum want to know in advance a load of tat that they can store up . As usual it will only affect the decent & law abiding & do nothing whatsoever about illegals /radicalists/bomb lobbers etc.

Not an unlike button so all I can say is WTAF are you on about?

My comment was about this bit.

A British citizen cannot leave the UK without a passport.Try it.

As I said you need one to leave but not re-enter.(y)

I've always had my passport checked on re-entry but up to now never on exit.

The advance data required now is nothing new and is exactly the same as you've had to provide when flying for as long as I can remember.

Personally I think this is a good thing. I've always thought it ridiculous that you can book a vehicle onto a ferry or the tunnel and not be required to provide details of the people travelling in that vehicle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Never left the UK without a passport check even for multiple passengers in vehicle.
The only people who are inconvenienced by all the passport rigmarole are people with passports.The vast majority of these will only be Brits as the Eu citizens , all the ones I know anyway, travel on their national ID cards. Additionally all the non-EU citizens with permanent right to abode have National identity cards from the country they reside in. They use these when travelling in the EU under the Schengen agreement.
At airports therefore they just walk around the outside line show card & are gone, whilst the muppets are stuck for ages either having passports done manually or attempting to use the "passport scanner ". I use the term lightly as I have never seen one actually work yet.
I'm always stopped .:) The last 4 times entering by car,plane, M/home, I have been stopped & interrogated every time .

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Never left the UK without a passport check even for multiple passengers in vehicle.

It must be your face they don't like :D(y) We're always just waved through outbound. We could have anyone in the vehicle.

We get a quick passport check on the French side on the way back. Never been stopped or interrogated. It's more hassle getting the dogs back in than ourselves (y)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
It must be your face they don't like :D(y) We're always just waved through outbound. We could have anyone in the vehicle.

We get a quick passport check on the French side on the way back. Never been stopped or interrogated. It's more hassle getting the dogs back in than ourselves (y)

Same here (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back