Eurostar (1 Viewer)

Benruddle

Free Member
Aug 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Hi All.

A couple of Eurostar questions as I need to be sure!

Our Moho weighs 4.5 ton. Do we need to go as freight?

Also has any one managed to use Tesco vouchers through the caravan and motorhome club ?

Cheers have a good day.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi All.

Also has any one managed to use Tesco vouchers through the caravan and motorhome club ?

Cheers have a good day.
Eurostar is just passengers, you want Euro Tunnel & you go with other mohos, coaches and cars .. not freight.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
No you don't have to go freight, ours is 5ton, just go with the cars and you will be directed which lane to go into by signs and eurotunnel staff. We used to use tesco vouchers until we had a frequent traveller account shared with another funster which works out alot cheaper.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Eurostar is just passengers, you want Euro Tunnel & you go with other mohos, coaches and cars .. not freight.
When we used to spend a lot of time in Spain, we had some friends who lived there permanently. They wanted to drive back to the UK to collect a few items, and they drove into Paris, expecting to put their car on the train and cross the channel that way. Hard way to discover the difference between Eurostar and Eurotunnel

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
Does motor rail still exist? We used it for one holiday when taking the car to stay at a static caravan.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Hi All.

Cheers have a good day.
All motorhomes, irrespective of size or weight, are the same price and go in the same train as cars. The only difference is that you will be classed as a ‘high vehicle' so will go in the single deck carriages rather than the double deck that cars use.

Richard.

OP
OP
Benruddle

Benruddle

Free Member
Aug 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Ok. So Eurotunnel it is! It's not beyond me to try and get a Moho up a platform and into a carriage!!
Someone mention getting their ticket through here is that still an option?

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Ok. So Eurotunnel it is! It's not beyond me to try and get a Moho up a platform and into a carriage!!
Someone mention getting their ticket through here is that still an option?
You can only use Tesco vouchers direct with ET, read the blurb in the clubcard site what you have to do;)

OP
OP
Benruddle

Benruddle

Free Member
Aug 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E495
Cheers. There is so much blurb in life I've become one that just asks the font of Moho knowlage now. This is a great forum I have to say.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
No one has mentioned that even if you have a BIG motorhome you book as a campervan on the Eurotunnel website. Somewhere along the booking process they ask you the length but it makes no difference to the cost.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back