European Union referendum and motorhomes over seas (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Not quite correct .The official EU line is that the "EU citizen cannot be asked to pay more than the National does for their residence card". So you should have paid 25€
Additionally those countries requiring people to register can then fine those who haven't as although you can not legally be thrown out you are fined for " Failing to APPLY to register" :) 300€ here. 68€ in Greece.
By asking people to register & the people failing to be able to comply with income/health care ,etc; still means that you cannot be thrown out BUT it also means that the state then has no responsibility to provide assistance in any shape or form. If the UK did it then they wouldn't have to pay benefits to anyone who failed to comply with the requirements.

And there is the rub all that's wrong with our system is benefits to easy at sourse. All entirely of our own making! And fixable....
Make it a contributory system like every other European country and situation changes over night...UK not longer as attractive to foreign workers and normality restored plus no need for a risk fuelled brexit!:(

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
More scaremongering. Let's see the vote 1st. All these 'issues' can be sorted. EH1C as it stands we pay out more than we get back. So that could be a saving. Anyhow you should all have travel insurance.
The UK will always pay out more than it gets back as anyone who has their feet on the ground in the UK, apart from a tourist, has the right to healthcare. This is why Spain, when it introduced
exactly the same healthcare system as the UK in January 2012, anyone resident has the right to healthcare, then had to cobble up a law to disenfranchise all the illegals , which took many attempts & resulted in the 24th April 2012 decree whereby those resident officially before that date, me:), have the right to full healthcare, & those registered after that date are required to have an income/private healthcare/ no recourse to state assistance; or be an employee or self-employed & paying in.

And there is the rub all that's wrong with our system is benefits to easy at sourse. All entirely of our own making! And fixable....
Make it a contributory system like every other European country and situation changes over night...UK not longer as attractive to foreign workers and normality restored plus no need for a risk fuelled brexit!:(

Exactly ! & what I have said for years. Why the Uk doesn't do it is anyone's guess?:unsure:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
The UK will always pay out more than it gets back as anyone who has their feet on the ground in the UK, apart from a tourist, has the right to healthcare. This is why Spain, when it introduced
exactly the same healthcare system as the UK in January 2012, anyone resident has the right to healthcare, then had to cobble up a law to disenfranchise all the illegals , which took many attempts & resulted in the 24th April 2012 decree whereby those resident officially before that date, me:), have the right to full healthcare, & those registered after that date are required to have an income/private healthcare/ no recourse to state assistance; or be an employee or self-employed & paying in.

Exactly ! & what I have said for years. Why the Uk doesn't do it is anyone's guess?:unsure:
Simple misdirection..... while everyone complaining about imagration ( which actually fuels the economy! ) it takes the eye of the ball and don't show how our current corrupt and useless most of our politicans are!lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Quizzed at every border!!!!

Not unless they man them all again you won't, and I can't see them doing that can you?

Once you're in a sengin country, you can travel between them freely (regardless of your nationality) makes you wonder if these so called "experts" have ever left their desks!!!

Not all EU countries are in Schengen so not having an EU passport will make a difference. Some of us venture beyond Fance, Spain, Germany etc.

Nov 19, 2013
york
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Presumably we would need an Eu visa as opposed to one for France, Spain or where ever. I wonder whether we would be queing at the Eu exit/entryports (ie Calais) for hours at a time though, not the relaxed approach experience now! Would it make any difference to border security? Personally I think there's too much hype being banded about by those with a vested interest

There is no such thing as an EU visa.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i know i travelled abroad throughout europe with my parents in the early 60,s in a motorhome most winters .
yes at the time there was biorder control at every countries exit .entry. eu it would only be once in once out . insurance as i recall was bought at borders for the vehicle . we did most of europe and greece ,turkey.
cant see travel being a problem.
shame we got rid of the empire though .
killed alot of british companies as the empire countries could only buy british ,thats why british companies ruled . they dont any more .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Not all EU countries are in Schengen so not having an EU passport will make a difference. Some of us venture beyond Fance, Spain, Germany etc.
Currently, of the EU Member States, the UK , Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Eire and Romania have retained an opt-out which enables them to carry out border controls.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back