lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
:):):)Nah then,
For those that might be interested in my little European tour blog...here goes
We was rather hoping to set of at around 10ish prompt, something like 11.40 we set off returning minutes later as phone was still on charge. Arrive for the tunnel late and missed the dam thing, luck would have it we're on the next 1 at 7.40 no charge, Now on this train was a fella that caught my eye so he came over as he saw our little dog milly ....now I don't normally catch blokes eyes ......too late he on to us like a fly around a cows arse ole ....loved.his own voice he did, I almost forgot what mine sounded like.......to cut the long story short, he says it would be best to head for Dunkirk and stop just past there , so there we were cruising down the road at 8.30, later on I decided to stop in sort of a free picnic stop area just outside Dunkirk.....in fact we were in Belgium in a little place called Verurn just pulled up, cuppa then bed.

So left just after some breakfast and sat naved our way to where ever the road takes us ...stopping here and there and then onto our random chosen campsite at Valkenswaard for €32 per night in Holand.
Stayed 2 nights very hot. There was swimming, tennis and all that jazz it was ok ....enjoyed it.
This place is sort of just south of Eindhoven.....drove 150 km nice and steady.
Just popping back up north into Eindhoven for a few minutes....sorted....and now for the journey ..from Eindhoven to Maastricht the bottom part of Holand could only spare 1 night .....like sardines in a can......a couple of stops here and there we are now in Luxembourg......very nice too........and a nice drive at 180 km settling down more the further south we go.

OP
OP
stringa
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
Hopped on the bus into town, usual thing for a Saturday nice and warm and good to have a look around. Just Normal stuff going on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 66
Upvote 0
OP
OP
stringa
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
On the move.
We drove southish back down through Belgium into France and ended up at a small campsite at Bannes, was here for about 4.30ish.
Peace and quiet and good for twitching with plenty of small trees and shrubs....dogs are welcome,...mileage for the day around 150ish km....very warm but no sun. Did a little food shop an all.

Monday
Raining all night and most of the day, so we popped out to a little town called Langres a nice 13th/14th century old town, not many people mooching..in fact very quiet, popped on one of them small trains that take you around like what ya see at the seaside money well spent. Think I'll have another barby

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
stringa
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Tuesday.
Left Bannes at around 11.00 ....wrong rd 20km detour arriving at
St. Paul de Varax , well wooded plenty of campers, had to drive to the watering hole for this 1 which is a pain in the bum.
The weather so far has been a bit of hit and mis.
This camp site has a man made beach not a bad little outlay actually and a beach bar ....€3.00 for a half .......a tad pricey for my liking ..
A fantastic lake plenty of fishing, there's also floating huts that can be hired and tree houses...
164km today
€54.00 for 2 nights.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
stringa
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
We was up very early today with only a few bits to do before setting out, it was gone half eleven as I put in the key, with only a 3 n half hour journey....according to the sat nav .....it was about 8 when actually stopped........ruddy sat nav.....
A nice wooded area, not too many people around, this has a bar and swimming pool, and a short journey in to Gap a nice town ......glad to settle as the old mh doesn't like hills. Off into town to spend some cash.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 0

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
None except for one weeks hire
Loving your blog Stringa......

Not sure I'm supposed to post on it (someone tell me not to interrupt other people blogs if I shouldn't have!!?). I don't want to go against forum etiquette!

Anyway, as I said, really enjoying it and wanted to say so in case you think no-one is interested and stop posting updates.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
stringa
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
Funny you 2 funsters should mention the above, I was thinking to myself the other day is this all a waste of time, but now it's not as I've enjoyed doing this blog and I also glad that you are having read, all being well I've another couple of weeks to go.

Upvote 0

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
Funny you 2 funsters should mention the above, I was thinking to myself the other day is this all a waste of time, but now it's not as I've enjoyed doing this blog and I also glad that you are having read, all being well I've another couple of weeks to go.

No....it's definitely not a waste of time Stringa.... Reading 'real' tales of people's motorhome adventures gives us, especially inexperienced newbies like us, a good source of places to go and things to watch out for as well as making us really determined to get out there and make the most of our motorhome!

I like your style of writing, punchy points, no waffling and the odd giggle at your expense (sorry!!)

Looking forward to hearing the rest of your adventure!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
stringa
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Today is Sunday
We arrived yesterday sort of mid afternoon, with only an hour or 2 drive nice n steady.
Had another barby and a pot of tea to wash it down, this place at first glance was just what the doctor ordered, pool, Internet and a bar so we booked 2nights.........wish I hadn't now as its too much hassle to take the mh into town......by the way this place is called Oraison South East of France ....I'd have thought it might be closed being a Sunday exept for a bite to eat so stayed close to home enjoying the sunny weather.
This camp site has loads of olive trees around, making it feel more like the med, it's clean n tidy n quiet just what the doctor ordered.....
By the way just for you funsters out there this is my first time away in the mh apart from a 2 night stay at wood hall spa.......so a tip....just do it.....for me I'm hooked.

Upvote 0
Oct 20, 2014
Wicklow Town, Ireland
Funster No
MH
2020 Avantgarde 175
Exp
A good few years
Definitely looks nice and quiet....Not a sinner in the pool either...perfect! This is whetting our appetite for our first European trip next month...Enjoy your stay at Oraison(y)

Upvote 0

Ja63

Free Member
Jun 28, 2015
Cannock
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero Black Ed
Exp
We are planning to do our first trip to France soon.....a little nervous but we have toured France by car before so it's only the motorhome element that is new to us.

We are waiting for our dogs' passports which SHOULD be here in time for the bank holiday. If they arrive, it'll be a panic pack and we'll be off for about 9 days.

If we can't make bank holiday, it will be Christmas/New Year as hubby has a motorbike trip planned for end of September. One consolation is that we would be able to go for longer at Xmas but then, the weather won't be so good so we'll tank it straight down to the south, possibly into Spain, to get a bit of warmth. The wonderful thing about motorhoming is that we can check the forecasts for the best weather and head that way.

Who knows......maybe we'll end up doing both trips!! My appetite is certainly whetted thanks to blogs and threads like this one!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
stringa
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
Monday
What a bloody horrible day, nothing went right today, seeing as I had it you lot can have it too, so here goes.
The blumming sat nav said 54 min away from here.....province....so even steadier than all my drives I really took my time to enjoy some good quality country side.......after about a 2hour drive looking for the campsite.....ruddy sat nav.....it was full, the lady said.....on there's another campsite just up the road about 4 km away.....that'll do for me ....or so I thought....about 2/3 hours later we found it....if it was better sign posted she might do more business,.....so I paid and asked about a local shop .....oh she said it's just down the road....again I thought that'll do for me....it was lidl .....a half empty lidl at that, so after getting me groceries I was absolutely hank marvin, after getting lost yet again I spotted a restaurant which seemed to be the slowest I've ever stopped at......I'd gone through at least 3 hunger pangs during the day....no food in the fridge as we had a clear out first thing that morning, by the time we got settled it was gone 8.30......cheese n crackered n ready for a dam good nights kip hoping tomorrow will be a better day................................And so it was
It certainly is a great morning sun is shinning, had a good fry up and off we went into town on the bus. Had a marvellous day beautiful city, the architecture was outstanding.....I don't think a man knows how to build like that these days.
Anyway that's my first and only rant of the tour, sorry if I sounded a little negative but boy was I fed up........by the way I'm in fine feckle now.
More pictures tomorrow

Upvote 0
OP
OP
stringa
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
image.jpg
Just a few pics of aix en Provence .
All is well hope you peeps are still with me as I'm just about half way of the tour, I think tomorrow (Thursday) it'll be time for a move, I was rather hoping to have a wee in the med but I think I might start heading up north.....how's work everyone.....
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
stringa
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
image.jpg
On the move again,
I was going to head up north but decided going to Moustiers Sainte Marie on the recommendation from a very reliable source.....for security reasons I will call him Richardo, and what a fab place this is, this is Europes Grand Canyon absolutely amazing.
The camp site is just the norm with open spaces with a few trees for some shade as its in the 30s.....at €25.00 per night it's money well spent.
This village as you'll see from the pics .....if they load that is....is well worth a visit..
The tour so far has been very good with excellent weather, very easy to drive with no road works ....well sign posted if ya can flippin read em. I fell back in love with my sat nav all it takes is to read the instructions.
We're going to stay for a couple of days here because place is tranquil although Provence would be my first choice.
Talk about a small world I met a lady today a French lady who used to live in the same street as me a few years ago in Lincoln.
Today was very easy going the French people are very nice and polite and they don't smell of garlic. And the ladies .......well ooh la la.
We're going back up to the village today for some more.
image.jpg

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi :hi: Stringa what great pics (y) looks like your having a whale of a time, really enjoyed reading all about your travels in France.:france:we are heading over to France and hopefully down to Spain or Portugal in Sept, its our first time abroad in the MH so there's bound to be some wrong roads took and some bickering on the way :boxing: :swear2: but it makes it all a bit more interesting I suppose . Enjoy the rest of your trip :party2:Mew & Mick

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Don't fall foul of the Tribunal de Commerce. They chop your legs off. :eek:

Upvote 0

Steve-n-Mags

Free Member
Jul 14, 2015
Jarrow, Tyne and Wear
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
String, like everyone else we are really enjoying your journey. Who would have thought you were new to this game. We are looking to do our first trip to Europe on DFDS from Newcastle next month. Steve is more confident about it than me but your updates certainly make it sound fun.
Looking forward to the next instalment.

Cheers and all the best

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You're suffering, you are. I reckon you need to come home and we'll take over from you.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
stringa
Mar 26, 2015
lincoln
Funster No
MH
peugeot wayfarer
Exp
I`m a newbie
Saturday / Sunday day 19/ 20

We moved just over the mountain to St Croix du Verdon, a large campsite which was packed with tents and mh galore. This is right beside a beautiful lake with plenty of water sport activities.......not my cup of tea to be honest....but there you go, at the top is a very small village.....yawn.....this lake looked a stunner from the top of the mountain looking down with a sandy beach, turns out it's yellow dust and stone........not really much to do as the heavens opened up ...peed down all day....shame about that because it was our roses turn to take the dog out for a walk.....sort of stayed in and watched a few films on the tele........it is Sunday after all.
I must say that living in this shoe box for 3 weeks really has it ups n downs, we have learnt a lot really or should I say I have, for a start everything gets washed and put away straight away and everything gets put away and tidy for the next use.......
I try to park as close to the loo and water pump as poss as it makes life easier in the long run. .....and the horrible hole.
We brought our own food with us as you know what your getting, apart from fresh fruit, bread, chicken and we have tons n tons of kitchen roll.........here's a few pic of the lake......

Monday

Up early and left about 11ish for a 211 mile drive north eastish ...
Again the heavens really did open up.......I was looking for Noah at 1 point.....arriving at a place not far from Lyon called Saint Maurice de Gourdans, not a bad place to be fair, with a lovely lake yet again......this ones green and the first 1 was blue........
Catch you funsters later on..
I don't think these pics are gunna load as tinernet is slow......maybe later.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back