european toll tags (1 Viewer)

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Whats the panels thoughts on the easiest billing , best value, most reliable etc euro toll road tag to use... Sanef , liber-t , emovis etc ? Is there such a tag as a multi country use one ?

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
The Emovis one works for Spain and Portugal, but they provide a separate one for France. We already had an ATMB one for France (on a deal via Eurotunnel) but it's easy enough to swap them over.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
I'm with APRR, they do France, Spain, Portugal and Italy. I didn't get the Italy one and subsequently wished I had having experienced the terrible Toll Booths, but I will next time I go there. Their monthly charges for each country are only payable for any month or part of a month that you spend in that country, which of course is logged immediately you pass through the first toll. It works fine everywhere, and takes the hassle or worry out of the Portugese toll system. I would recommend them.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
It is a pity some company does not produce a 'Go box' that works on all systems, such as Austria, Czech, Poland etc. with central billing instead of faffing around at each border, buying one and then having to hand it in and reclaim unused credit.

Where are the EU Civil Servants(Commission) when one needs them, to do something useful like this and organising a EU-wide MOT?

Geoff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T
Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Thanks to all replies and links , very helpful and much appreciated(y) .......... Weve not been in France etc in the motorhome for over 3 years now and when we were travelling there , our time was restricted due to work commitments so we didnt travel far, therefore mainly using for example in France , just the D roads . On the few occasions that we did use tolls ,deliberate or otherwise , enough said ref the faffing around sorting out payment :LOL: , so the tag payment system will suit us fine now we have opted to get back to euro touring , in hopefully , now , multi country trips .

For the longer haul (say to Portugal) , we really dont fancy the D road routes any more , lovely as they are . As recent reading here and other forums seems to suggest even more restricted speed limits on the minor routes through the smaller towns and villages .

Last edited:

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun