European motorhomes. (1 Viewer)

Dec 26, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
As anyone got a European manufacturer do a motorhome 2 or 4 berth with only 2 travel seats.
Or do you of any European manufacturers do only 2 seats.
Also I see a lot of European motorhome don’t have ovens.
Thank you

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I also agree that additional seat belts are an unnecessary addition (you can remove some).
Manufacturers have decided what the market is and four seat belts seems to be the norm even if irrational. They tend to copy/follow each other and are reluctant to
It makes sense when you realise that most have a drop down double bed at the front as standard as well as rear twins or double. Why have 4 berths if you can only carry 2 people safely? Both our motorhomes allowed us to put the 2 rear seatbelts behind the cushions. So totally out of sight and no lumpy bits to sit on when using the seat.

Upvote 0

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
It makes sense when you realise that most have a drop down double bed at the front as standard as well as rear twins or double. Why have 4 berths if you can only carry 2 people safely?
Providing for passengers is fine, but the implication of doing so is the additional weight of those passengers and all their personal baggage.
A couple of well-behaved toddlers might just be achievable but most others would cripple my payload.
(I chose to dump the drop-down, in favour of more headroom and the avoidance of such possibilities.)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Providing for passengers is fine, but the implication of doing so is the additional weight of those passengers and all their personal baggage.
A couple of well-behaved toddlers might just be achievable but most others would cripple my payload.
(I chose to dump the drop-down, in favour of more headroom and the avoidance of such possibilities.)
Yep but, as the dealers say, ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh don't want the new young punters to be put off. ;)

We have about 850kg of payload. It was 1240kg until the dealer specced all the factory fit extras. But I am a grandfather. (y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rds559
Dec 26, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
If you have a look at the in side of a Bailey Autograph 75-2 you will see how open it is I am looking for similar in European van as I can not ours to Spain to expensive

Upvote 0

Compactliner

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Exp
11 yrs
do you have the Bailey 75-2? im confused, youve twice mentioned its too expensive to take your van ( the Bailey?) to Spain...surely a similar sized Euro van will cost the same on the ferry...
either way, a ferry fare is a blooming site cheaper than changing the van...
there are certainly Euro vans with open lounges, some have fixed beds, some have drop down beds, some have garages...
yes, the bailey and other uk vans will give you what you want so why not buy one?

Upvote 0
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
do you have the Bailey 75-2? im confused, youve twice mentioned its too expensive to take your van ( the Bailey?) to Spain...surely a similar sized Euro van will cost the same on the ferry...
either way, a ferry fare is a blooming site cheaper than changing the van...
there are certainly Euro vans with open lounges, some have fixed beds, some have drop down beds, some have garages...
yes, the bailey and other uk vans will give you what you want so why not buy one?
I think he is trying to register the motorhome in Spain. Supposedly it is very difficult if the hab door and steering wheel is on the wrong side. But gus-lopez may know more

Upvote 0

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Our last motorhome we specified no oven, just a microwave and 3 burner hob - gave us some extra storage space. Missed having the oven and grill so made sure to have one this time. Even if it is only for a baked potato the Moho oven is worth having

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
A Remoska cooks lovely jacket potatoes. I would choose a Remoska over a motorhome oven and a microwave every time.

Upvote 0

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
A Remoska cooks lovely jacket potatoes. I would choose a Remoska over a motorhome oven and a microwave every time.
... so when you go to a CL/CS or a rally at either of them or in a farmer's field with a tap and an elsan emptying point (or on an aire de camping cars with no EHU) you're stuffed, unless you spend more money on an inverter, more hab battery power or a generator.

Each to their own - of course using an oven heats a moho up - it heats the kitchen up at home too so how on earth wouldn't it? You just open every orifice in the van whilst baking a couple of dozen scones for afternoon tea for yourself and 30 other Brits on a rally in France. (Only trouble was no clotted cream, only the spray sort, on top of the jam!)

Upvote 0

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Couldn't manage without an oven. The microwave could be easily forgotten, but without an oven I'd be really struggling to heat up some of the essentials like Lancashire Hot Pot (so I can then tip it over myself and the carpet - see another thread). Unless you have a massive battery bank I can't see how you are going to do an electric oven in a MH.
Small Ninja foodi (other airfryers are available)

Upvote 0

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Small Ninja foodi (other airfryers are available)
Power demand remains a problem unless on EHU, or I spend exorbitant sums at a certain Taunton establishment, plus extend the van, so I have space for batteries. Gas oven works well enough for me - until you can no longer find places with lpg pumps.

Upvote 0

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Power demand remains a problem unless on EHU, or I spend exorbitant sums at a certain Taunton establishment, plus extend the van, so I have space for batteries. Gas oven works well enough for me - until you can no longer find places with lpg pumps.
It only goes in the van if there is hook up. Same as the induction hob. Proper gas oven is still a great option, unlike the £&*%@&*£ Tec Tower which is in chocolate teapot territory unless you like part raw, part burnt food that takes an hour to get like that

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
... so when you go to a CL/CS or a rally at either of them or in a farmer's field with a tap and an elsan emptying point (or on an aire de camping cars with no EHU) you're stuffed, unless you spend more money on an inverter, more hab battery power or a generator.

Each to their own - of course using an oven heats a moho up - it heats the kitchen up at home too so how on earth wouldn't it? You just open every orifice in the van whilst baking a couple of dozen scones for afternoon tea for yourself and 30 other Brits on a rally in France. (Only trouble was no clotted cream, only the spray sort, on top of the jam!)
We already have an inverter. Yes, each to their own, there is definitely more than one way of motorhoming.

Upvote 0

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
If your oven is a "Tech-tower jobby" over the fridge (I expect it is), then I'd agree that you're better off with the space rather than the oven. Rather than compromise, it's probably better to find other solutions.

Upvote 0
Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
I have a unusual 2006 Carthago with a curved fronted 195ltr tech tower, fitted when new. Oven, being German has no grille so I fitted a Smev Grille only in kitchen, only takes the space of one drawer. Oven used all the time, works great plus we can oven and grille at the same time or handy for cheese on toast!! That way we still have all the massive drawers in kitchen. We have the battery's, Big inverter and solar so we carry a low wattage kettle, toaster and electric hot plate in case gas runs low but hasn't happened yet thanks to gas tank.
Lovely van, anyone want to buy it? Sorry just typing that has given me goose bumps, changed my mind all ready. Unless I can find a reasonably priced Pilot G740 and I don't think such a thing exists at the moment. Bruce

Upvote 0
Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
Hi al,l European MOHO here (Burstner 747-2). Love my gas oven/grill, It is a factory fitted SMEV. Much prefer oven cooked food, my MOHO has four belted seats in the passenger area with a removable (and extendable) table, great for the kids to play games or draw in their pads as we travel. We do also have a three burner gas hob, an induction hob and a microwave, not to mention a BBQ point and external 240 socket.

We have a long sofa type seat across from the four seats around the table which can be converted into a double bed, plenty of room to travel but can be tight on a site with 3 kids and a dog (one child disabled and wheelchair bound, dog a needy rescue weimaraner)

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2020
Devon
Funster No
MH
PILOTE 650 E
Exp
As anyone got a European manufacturer do a motorhome 2 or 4 berth with only 2 travel seats.
Or do you of any European manufacturers do only 2 seats.
Also I see a lot of European motorhome don’t have ovens.
Thank you
I have a French manufactured 2/3 Berth Pilote. It has two travel seats and the usual removable table. So far it has suited my needs. I bought it pre owned and it has an oven which seems to work well. Like many, I also have a Remoska cooking pan for using when I’m on Electric Hook Up, saves on gas.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rds559
Dec 26, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
I have a French manufactured 2/3 Berth Pilote. It has two travel seats and the usual removable table. So far it has suited my needs. I bought it pre owned and it has an oven which seems to work well. Like many, I also have a Remoska cooking pan for using when I’m on Electric Hook Up, saves on gas.
It’s a Pilote what so can have look please

Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
I’m afraid it is still in storage and not coming out until I get a firm date for fixing a second solar panel, which I hope is very soon.

I think he means what model is it so he can look on line as 650E comes up with nothing!

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
We want a van with no extras travel seats and no fixed table to give us more room.
As for oven how do you do your roast, it would be hard to be without one
Roast? while Camping? No! there are plenty of meal ideas without having to roast stuff. We gave up using our last tugged van oven and that was before we got a Burstner without one which lasted until we converted to a motorhome without one and never missed them as they take up valuable storage space.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rds559
Dec 26, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
This is what I mean by open and cluttered by other seats and tables

Attachments