European motorhome insurance (1 Viewer)

Jul 30, 2019
Wirral Peninsula, Wirral, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 2018
Can anyone advise about insurance for extended travel around Europe please, days covered for Europe seem to vary. We are beginners and need as much advise as possible. Cheers :unsure:

Sucoz

Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
‘A’ Class
Exp
since 2011
How many days do you mean by extended? Different insurers have different rules. We went with the caravan and motorhome club ( we are members) they look at a range of different providers to suit your requirements. If you search on here for insurance there is a range including Saga, Comfort, Adrian Flux and many more.
If you explain your situation people with similar experience may pop up.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Just done my breakdown insurance via Saga uk and Europe £114 ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Y
Jul 30, 2019
Wirral Peninsula, Wirral, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 2018
We are not sure how long we want to travel for (lost youth) and we find policies but days are restricted. Just found not bad deal with AA. Are there any restrictions with Saga? cheers

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
None that I could find. Best ring them for a quote. Ask for unlimited time they will give you a quotation ref number so you can go back without going through all the questions again good luck ?

Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
We originally we were with the CCC club but I think I left because at the time I think they limited either the insurance or breakdown cover to 90 day trips (in practice or generally I can't see us being away that long but I don't see why suppliers should tell me how long my tours will last!). We moved to Comfort for both insurance and breakdown.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
We insured through Advantage Motorhome Insurance (broker).

Our standard policy includes cover for up to 180 days abroad. BUT, we were able to negotiate extra time - 2 x 30 days for a few extra £, so we now have cover for 240 days abroad, which is exactly what we wanted.

We also have some other special conditions included - we garage the van in Spain for 6 months during winter (very few UK insurers, in fact no others I could find, would provide cover). We fly backwards and forwards to use the van during the cooler months.

And the price of cover was good. A helpful team who seem able to design cover for whatever you want.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back