LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
European parliament are planning a "sanitary certificate " this will be for every european to enable them to travel.
It is proposed to contain their history regarding covid-------- had covid/ negative test/ vaccine.
So when ( dont know how long it will take to organise it to suit all eu countries!!)
It seem like we are not going to be able to travel without one--------'no idea if britain has been consulted on this?? But i believe britains will almost certainly have to have their (approved) version of it to cross the channel???
This info came from " portugal resident"
I dont know how to link to it!!
Nigel

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Could be a good selling point. I would much rather book a holiday where medical certificates are required. Having sacrificed freedom and survived this far I don’t intend to put myself at any more risk than I need to just for a couple of weeks in the sun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
European parliament are planning a "sanitary certificate " this will be for every european to enable them to travel.
It is proposed to contain their history regarding covid-------- had covid/ negative test/ vaccine.

So when ( dont know how long it will take to organise it to suit all eu countries!!)
It seem like we are not going to be able to travel without one--------'no idea if britain has been consulted on this?? But i believe britains will almost certainly have to have their (approved) version of it to cross the channel???
This info came from " portugal resident"
I dont know how to link to it!!
Nigel

But with no EU internal border checks how will enable or stop internal travel?

Geoff

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
How can we "prove" that [at the moment]?
We have had our first jab 4 weeks ago and were given an NHS Covid vaccination card, which recorded when we were vaccinated, the type of vaccine and its batch number. We were told to bring it back when we come for the second jab so that the slot for that could be completed as well.

The instructions say to keep it in your purse or wallet, so we do have proof of vaccination. Where it will be accepted is another matter, but will be keeping mine safe. So, at least we have some official record of our Covid vaccination(s).

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Printout from your GP 's records, maybe ???
Maybe - at what cost - and acceptable to border and/or travel companies?
We have had our first jab 4 weeks ago and were given an NHS Covid vaccination card, which recorded when we were vaccinated, the type of vaccine and its batch number. We were told to bring it back when we come for the second jab so that the slot for that could be completed as well.

The instructions say to keep it in your purse or wallet, so we do have proof of vaccination. Where it will be accepted is another matter, but will be keeping mine safe. So, at least we have some official record of our Covid vaccination(s).
Yes I got one of those, they'd run out of cards, so mine is a [colour!] photocopied scrap of paper :whistle2: .
The problem with these, are handwritten, and no official stamp or signature.
I doubt they would be acceptable to 'officialdom'.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
If the EU issue a covid travel card they will surely need to accept similar cards from other nations across the world otherwise EU incoming tourism would cease.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
It's going to be for each country (or in the case of Schengen each linked area) to set their own rules. No different to Australia and NZ having really strict travel isolation at present. Some seem to feel its their right to be allowed into other countries while we have a right to control who enters ours which I think is really strange.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

Yes I got one of those, they'd run out of cards, so mine is a [colour!] photocopied scrap of paper :whistle2: .
Mine is a proper card and entry not handwritten, they stuck a printed label on with the info. No official stamp or signature, but a lot better than nothing. Certainly work in the UK, I would think, but not sure about Europe, which is outside of our control. (y)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Mine is a proper card and entry not handwritten, they stuck a printed label on with the info. No official stamp or signature, but a lot better than nothing. Certainly work in the UK, I would think, but not sure about Europe, which is outside of our control. (y)
...for you perhaps but something like that has to be of a standard to be acceptable to officialdom, which these appointments cards are obviously not.

Something will be worked out.
Just take time.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
We were given a small card with date/data details, (both jabs) do ya reckon that’ll do ?
For Europe, no. It will have to have EU stars, be signed by a President or Commissar, be approved by all 27 countries and be printed in France. That's the way they work. Don’t hold your breath👎

Other countries may be much easier with the proof.

Last edited:

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
We were given a small card with date/data details, (both jabs) do ya reckon that’ll do ?
Can’t see why not. No doubt someone will be along to tell us they’ll be cloned, forged etc. That’s true for every document so not really any difference. Passports , driving licences can all be forged.
I do hope our blue vaccine cards will be acceptable, it would make it easy for pubs, restaurants etc to quickly check their prospective customers have been vaccinated.

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.

You have access to your GP records so just take a screen shot and print it out yourself.

simbadog

Free Member
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
There are already fake ones you can buy on the internet! :mad:

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Printout from your GP 's records, maybe ???
We have just applied to have access to our medical records before the potential rush but hopefully there will be a vaccine passport soon.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
You have access to your GP records so just take a screen shot and print it out yourself.
& the Polish border official is going to understand that?
For me whilst I have to have 3 tests just to enter the UK & quarantine, no one should be allowed over here without the same restrictions.

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
We have just applied to have access to our medical records before the potential rush but hopefully there will be a vaccine passport soon.
Just checked my 'EMIS' medical records and my first jab is correctly recorded on there. It's listed in the medications section.

You can share parts of your record, in the case of this subject it can be just the medication section. To share you are given web page link and an access code which is valid for 24hrs from your request and can be cancelled at any time in that period.

Don't know if this will ever be of use to confirm Civid-19 vaccination but is is available to patients.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Can’t see why not. No doubt someone will be along to tell us they’ll be cloned, forged etc. That’s true for every document so not really any difference. Passports , driving licences can all be forged.
I do hope our blue vaccine cards will be acceptable, it would make it easy for pubs, restaurants etc to quickly check their prospective customers have been vaccinated.
I think the forgery thing just needs a big enough penalty to deter use of forgeries. In the case of foreign travel if found using a forged vaccination certificate maybe 10 years loss of passeport.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back