European Heritage Days France (1 Viewer)

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
September 15 and 16 are European Heritage Days.

If you have been in France during previous years on these days, what would you recommend to visit that is open for these days?

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
We have been in France on those days for the past 15 years and never heard of European Heritage days.

I suggest that you check Google to find info on what is open and where but remember that much of the rest of France will be closed on a Sunday out of high season.

OP
OP
grumps147

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
I did check google, this is the site that tells you what is on...
http://traduction.culture.gouv.fr/u...l=http://journeesdupatrimoine.culture.gouv.fr

The reason I asked for suggestions was ‘Everywhere in France about
17 000 monuments open their doors and propose more than 26 000 animations for the 35th edition(publishing) of European Heritage Days’ on the 15 and 16 September 2018.

I can tell you from looking at this French government website an awful lot of these are churches.

I was rather hoping someone had in previous years been to visit something on these open days with that bit of ooomph a church tends not to give me, which would not only help me but maybe quite a number of funsters who seem to be in or heading to France at present. It would save that mind numbing hours of trawling through 43,000 entries.

As you say, France largely shuts on a Sunday, but on the 16th a lot seems to be open.

We might have found something, a mechanical museum at Giverny, but any other suggestions would still be welcome of course.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
At least that site is searchable by region, though that is not so easy since reorganisation a couple of years ago. Perhaps you need to decide where you will be next weekend rathe than try to find something more exciting than a church.

Bonne chance and bon courage

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back