european breakdown cover wow really (1 Viewer)

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Just had a quote of the CMC site for 2 WEEKS ONLY SINGLE TRIP European breakdown cover MH is below 8m in length under 6000kg cover for me only came back at £335 for 2 weeks cover are they flippin mad !!!!!!!!!
seems a lot , Ive just taken a 45 day policy out with the C&MC (Red Pennant) for £191 which covers motoring and personnel cover for two adults

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
seems a lot , Ive just taken a 45 day policy out with the C&MC (Red Pennant) for £191 which covers motoring and personnel cover for two adults

I did the quote online from the website using red pennant and that was the quote I had back it's crazy can get a year for less than that with other companies

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Well I assumed that folk were capable of reading the T&C's themselves.
I gave a link to the N'wide website last Friday (post no. 6 in this thread) which has full details.
This is what you get fir trying to be helpful!!!!! I appreciate it cos we spend a fortune on insurance . Thanks I am looking into it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Spadger

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
Durham
Funster No
MH
VW Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
All my 5 vehicles are covered (plus health cover, loss of mobile phone, cover for any vehicle in which I'm a passenger, and much more) for £13.50 a month under the terms of my Nationwide FlexPlus current account. I keep £2500 min in the account which pays £6 a month interest so net cost of cover is £7.50 a month.
Covers m/hs up to 8m and 7500kg. You don't even have to register details of your vehicles with them.
See details here:
https://www.nationwide.co.uk/suppor...our-account/breakdown-insurance-with-flexplus
Many thanks for this , it was actually the most appropriate recovery insurance for my van and how I use it other quotes were over 200 quid , , cheers

Jun 19, 2018
Perth Scotland
Funster No
MH
Frankia A Class
Exp
@Lanerboy I thought that you had recently bought your vehicle or am I confusing you with someone else? If you have then your vehicle warranty will include pan European breakdown and recovery does it not?

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
We have been with ADAC for 7 years. €104 for some healthcare, breakdown anywhere in Europe.
Van back to home if its unfixable and persons flown home.
Also covers you on any vehicle you are insured to drive.
Mitch.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I hope it's not like the HSBC Premier Travel Insurance cover you get with their current account - they make it almost impossible to make a claim.

My wife had her suitcase stolen on the train to Southampton to visit her brother for a weekend - claim was about £1000 (no idea what these ladies carry in a small suitcase). First thing they wanted was for her to 'prove it was a holiday' then they wanted every single item detailed.

Gave up, claimed on our NFU house policy - claim settled without question without requesting detail other than the police crime number and money in our account within 7 days
We claimed from Nationwide for loss of holiday,,well rally fees paid to Camping and caravan club due to ill health.Paid out quickly.BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Wow! Thanks. I must transfer my £2,500 to another account right away to be better off by £3.50 a month. (y)
What are you going to do with all that money..Dont some folk worry about a couple of quidBUSBY.

Spadger

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
Durham
Funster No
MH
VW Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
We have been with ADAC for 7 years. €104 for some healthcare, breakdown anywhere in Europe.
Van back to home if its unfixable and persons flown home.
Also covers you on any vehicle you are insured to drive.
Mitch.
Jfi I unfortunately let my adac expire , after four years membership, just tried to renew it and they no longer accept membership without a German address , the moral to this is keep your Adac membership up to date

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
good if you are within criteria but;
Motorhomes up to 8 m.
Additional £65 if over 70yrs.
Trips up to 31 days unles extension purchased.

Re Flexplus.
Like anything works for some not others for us m/h 6m long well under 70 one possible health issue notified at no cost had cover for a trip to Cuba and tghe US plus breakdown cover on 3 vehicles etc. Its all about whats best for each individual

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back