European Breakdown cover small print - ERS (1 Viewer)

Jun 24, 2019
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer 504i A Class
Exp
Since 2016 & 20+ shed dragger
Whilst undergoing the pain of finding new MH insurance I came accross a limitation in the ERS breakdown & recovery policy which might be important to others. ERS are a breakdown policy company used by several insurance companies. In their exclusions section of the policy it states;

For European Breakdown: (excludes)  Any cover in Europe if the vehicle has been out of the UK for more than 60 consecutive days or more than 90 days in total.

I have taken this to mean that I will not be covered for my usual 90 day winter stay in Spain! Good job I checked and not taken the word of the sales person who was stating happily that I was covered for up to 180 days in total a year.

One further gotcha was when I dug into the wind screen cover "yep fully covered" states the salesman only to go on to state, on cross examination, that the max cover was £750 with £75 excess. Not a lot of comfort for any A class MH owners.

I'm sure many on the forum will be well aware of such problems but thought less experience MH owners might find this info of some use.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back