Aug 11, 2012
gosport
Funster No
MH
Rapido c class
Exp
20 yrs
Help
Years ago I managed to download my old tomtom with all the european aires without any problem but now I have an all singing and dancing tomtom Go every time I try to download aires there is allways a problem and being a total computer novice is there a program that I can find and just push a down load button without going into all the jargon which I do not understand. Years ago it was all so easy but now my computer is covered with clumps of hair.....Its all got so technical

Or.......... is there somewhere in south Hampshire I can go to get it done for me.

Last edited:

Microchip

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
What you need is a program to change the pois to OV2 files.

What I do is download the poi onto desktop, then go to add community content on TT at bottom of screen, hit browse and direct it to desktop and highlight the file you want and then hit open.....done.

Bit short but it should get you there :Cool:

Keith

OP
OP
B

bullrush

Free Member
Aug 11, 2012
gosport
Funster No
MH
Rapido c class
Exp
20 yrs
Thanks Keith

there is no sign of community content on my tomtom and what is the pois to OV files

sorry but I am a thicko

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
1. Go here http://www.campingcar-infos.com/Francais/recherche.php

2. Download whatever you want and make sure you know where you saved it to.

3. Connect your TomTom to your computer but cancel the TomTom interface software and treat it like a USB storage device instead.

4. Use your computer to find the folder on your TomTom where the other POI ('Point Of Interest', ie stations, museums, ferry ports etc) files are stored, and copy the files you've downloaded into that folder. On my TomTom One it's the Western Europe Map folder but it may be different on later models.

5. Start your TomTom, try navigating to a Point of Interest, and see if the POI list includes the Aires.

OP
OP
B

bullrush

Free Member
Aug 11, 2012
gosport
Funster No
MH
Rapido c class
Exp
20 yrs
Tomtom interface soft ware, usb storage device I have not got a clue what you are talking about but I am sure it will come in handy when I find someone who does

Microchip

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
If your device is the latest, then it will use the My TomTom and not TomTom Home platform, so what I said still stands.

When you have loaded My TT and set up your account connect your device. On the programm at the bottom you will have the option to do as I quoted earlier..........or as you are only a few miles from me I could call in to help.

Keith

OP
OP
B

bullrush

Free Member
Aug 11, 2012
gosport
Funster No
MH
Rapido c class
Exp
20 yrs
Thank you to all those who replied but I discovered that my Tomtom Go 400 could not receive POI downloads and Lat/Long locations.
I was fortunite to be able to return it to Currys without any problems.
My requirement now is
What Tomtom will allow me to download European Aires
Gives Lat and Long locations
Speed cameras
and maps for all Europe.
The info you can get from various sites is not allways correct so if any one has a Tomtom and with these features on it a reply to tell me what model i they have would be very helpfull
Ta Folks

schojac

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
new in 2009
I bought the start 60 - large easy to read screen and you can install any downloaded POI's using the tomtom community interface.

Basically when you have installed tomtom software it is a simple task of clicking on the icon on the task bar at the bottom right, select community. The software will read your tomtom and give you option to install POI.

You will need the OVI file and the associated icon which can be downloaded from several sites.

Last edited:

Microchip

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
TomTom Via is a bargin at the momen and any of the 1000 series all will do as much as you need.
I have the 1000 and it does all I want, but check on the 60 start as it and others give you life time map updates.

Keith

OP
OP
B

bullrush

Free Member
Aug 11, 2012
gosport
Funster No
MH
Rapido c class
Exp
20 yrs
European maps

Thanks Schojac
Doez the Start 60 come with full european maps and does it give lat and long option for destination if so thats great

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back