johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
Hi all, a few of you may know me from days gone by..

I am contemplating taking old RV across Europe, April / May time..

anyone want to come ? destination and timeframe open at moment.

RV is 24 foot, more a large camper than a luxury cruiser, but all (will) works

Should have a MC on back too.

John
- Kent

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi John

Good to hear from you again!!:thumb:

Have you got the old girl up and running then. Last time I heard the heating had broken, the chargers had broken and the dumps wouldnt work.:roflmto:

The joys of owning an older RV. I had a 23 year old Chevvy for 5 years and it was wonderful. Little things forever going wrong keep you on your toes and they are so simple to fix!! I do miss the old Chevvy a lot as we just used to get in it and use it without much thought, with the new one we are really careful in everything we do and treat it with kid gloves!!:Blush:

Dont forget to get Euro RAC cover before you set off. Im sure i read somewhere that getting breakdown cover on vehicles more that 20 years old is almost impossible so check before you set off and dont forget to take a FULL set of fanbelts, fuses, bulbs and a spare water pump with you.:Eeek:

Would love to join you but am snowed under with work this year and am selling the Concord as its just going to set locked up all year.:cry:

OP
OP
johng

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
hey Dazzer ;)

yep know what you mean about all the things to do, but it's rewarding and you get to know the vehicle so well!.

i have plenty to do on it, in next few months, and will take all I can in terms of parts etc..
getting there now...

sorry to hear your selling yours :( looks really nice..

didnt you have a 5th wheel at one point?

J

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi John.

No never been a tugger in any shape or form but if i lived in the USA id have a 5er in a heartbeat:thumb:!! I love em and you get a bloody gert big truck :roflmto: to drag it around with.....RESULT!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

Mind you I have treated myself to a Ford F150 Lightning :Eeek: (should here in a couple of weeks :thumb:), well you need to put your toe in the water dont you??:ROFLMAO: And besides it faster than a Porsche Boxter :Eeek: so that should be FUN >:)

OP
OP
johng

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
ahh.. i know.. didnt you tow a jeep or pickup behind the RV? might be where i am getting confused ;)

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi John

Yes i tow my Jeep Grand Cherokee behind the RV. The Lightning is just a toy for work (not that im going to actually use it FOR work....it might get scratched!!) and they need a major modification to the driveshafts to tow them 4 wheels down and I dont do trailers!!

Can I feel a debate about A frames and trailers about to start :Eeek:

Maybe not :ROFLMAO:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi JJ

Good to see you posting..........haven't heard from you in ages >:)

Did you ever get that furnace working? :roflmto:

OP
OP
johng

johng

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
Kent/Sussex UK
Funster No
MH
1984 C ClassGMC
Exp
er... whom might you be!!!???!

furnace nearly there thankyou, just wished I had ordered the outside door.. should have listened to that 1962 person....

>:)

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
er... whom might you be!!!???!

furnace nearly there thankyou, just wished I had ordered the outside door.. should have listened to that 1962 person....

>:)

Its never too late JJ :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hi John

Yes i tow my Jeep Grand Cherokee behind the RV. The Lightning is just a toy for work (not that im going to actually use it FOR work....it might get scratched!!) and they need a major modification to the driveshafts to tow them 4 wheels down and I dont do trailers!!

Can I feel a debate about A frames and trailers about to start :Eeek:

Maybe not :ROFLMAO:

Surely in neutral it should be a problem they are a regular site being towed in the states.

I am going to start towing my CG.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back