Europe & Low Emission Zones (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I had an email yesterday from TFL stating that due to the result of the public consultation the Ultra Lez would be starting in London next April .Will be the same as congestion zone at the moment although they wish to expand it to the North & south circulars.
Reading the requirements for entry it would appear that my LEz registration & exemption:) will also apply in the Ultra Lez (y)& additionally I would also be exempt due to the historic classification.(y)(y)
Something that I didn't realise also applies in Germany .:D(y)

Forgot the 'ultra' link.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
That's quite useful thanks. It would be good if Sat Nav developers could put in an option to avoid LEZ's.

My Garmin camper has an LEZ option. Settings are Ask, Deny and Allow. Mine still has the default setting of Ask!

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Thanks for the timely reminder Ninovan, I've just applied for a Umweltzone sticker for Germany.

Pete

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
I work on the idea that any largish town city doesn't want you to enter already , with the LEZ and weight limits , particularly when you are in an RV . Unless you want to be changing your motorhome every couple of years as the levels are raised, its probably going to be something that the smaller vehicles want to be factoring in to their selection criteria so they have suitable alternative access means with them . This is a handy site that I use now
http://urbanaccessregulations.eu/

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
That's quite useful thanks. It would be good if Sat Nav developers could put in an option to avoid LEZ's.

Very difficult as they would have to put in so many variants e.g. LEZ is only for diesel vehicles over 3.5t.

German cities are variable but are generally based on emissions categories.

The other problem is the stickers for France cities identify the vehicle, but the restrictions are not full-time and only come into force when the local authorities deem the pollution levels are too high, and only for certain categories of vehicle on each day, according to emissions.

It would be a nightmare to programme and maybe the drivers might have a problem choosing the right options and risking getting caught out.

I was on a Stellplatz in Germany in a controlled city recently and have not got a Sticker, but got away with it. I wonder how widely it is enforced - and by whom?

Geoff

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
If you have a green Umwelt sticker for being above a certain Euro emission standard in Germany it's access all areas, and even the restricted areas have designated corridors (usually major roads) through them if you're simply traversing the city. I got my sticker online from Berlin's city council and it was a lot cheaper than applying through a third party. It's valid across the whole country.

The French Crit'Air system is tighter, in that you can't get a Category 1 sticker if your engine's diesel (regardless of Euro standard), so a MH could be subject to their variable restrictions in some city centres depending on pollution levels on the day.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Very difficult as they would have to put in so many variants e.g. LEZ is only for diesel vehicles over 3.5t.

German cities are variable but are generally based on emissions categories.

The other problem is the stickers for France cities identify the vehicle, but the restrictions are not full-time and only come into force when the local authorities deem the pollution levels are too high, and only for certain categories of vehicle on each day, according to emissions.

It would be a nightmare to programme and maybe the drivers might have a problem choosing the right options and risking getting caught out.

I was on a Stellplatz in Germany in a controlled city recently and have not got a Sticker, but got away with it. I wonder how widely it is enforced - and by whom?

Geoff

I understand the difficulties of programming a complete solution but i was thinking more along the lines of avoid all LEZ's or not, kind of like avoid motorways or not as is currently available in most navigation systems. I'm sure that would be achievable and if you were not up to date with the exact rules in a particular location, should save you from an accidental infringement and possible fine.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

Difficult because the zones don't apply to all vehicles equally.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun