EUROPE 2021 (1 Viewer)

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
This has been a curiosity to me as to why there is so much general anti-vaccination sentiment in France. I know the French enjoy a certain amount of hypochondria in their attitude - just my opinion and observation - but there does seem to be a certain amount of avid fervency against vaccines in general or have I been reading the wrong things? Was there not some past scandal that has exacerbated this?
French hypochondria is real! The French used to complain about 'heavy legs' which had no medical basis. Off they would trot to the Doctor who would prescribe a 'treatment'; until the medical insurance companies announced they would no longer pay for the 'heavy legs' some 5 or6 years ago. The BBC News Paris Correspondent [female whose name I've forgotten] wrote quite a long, and very entering article on it [Brigitte Kendal?]. IIRC the Heavy Legs 'illness' started in late September each year :LOL: :unsure:

Steve

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
French hypochondria is real!
Indeed it is. I lived with my French g/f and her family in Paris for four years and they seemed to be constantly 'ill', relying on suppositories to cure virtually everything.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Indeed it is. I lived with my French g/f and her family in Paris for four years and they seemed to be constantly 'ill', relying on suppositories to cure virtually everything.
Thank you so much i have tears running down my face i can hardly type, pissing myself laughing, that is the funniest thing i have read in a long long time:LOL:

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Even toothache? :Eeek:
Not toothache. My g/f 's father tried a suppository but said for all the good it did he might just as well have shoved it up his a**e.

I'm not kidding; I found that that once I became conscious of the popularity of suppositories it seemed that all chemists windows had displays promoting them and there were posters at bus stops, in Metro stations, in fact everywhere I went.

OP
OP
MITHRANDIR
Mar 16, 2021
Riddings, UK
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
30 YEARS
Not toothache. My g/f 's father tried a suppository but said for all the good it did he might just as well have shoved it up his a**e.

I'm not kidding; I found that that once I became conscious of the popularity of suppositories it seemed that all chemists windows had displays promoting them and there were posters at bus stops, in Metro stations, in fact everywhere I went.
Very very funny (y)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Just north of Mumbai, on the 48 heading for Navghar I guess, let me know....

There must be a chance that you'll end up on the throne, asking Ann if there's another toilet roll in the fridge ... :rolleyes: :eek:

Steve
Was correctly spiced ๐ŸŒ‹๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿ‘Œ So far so good.
I always like it so hot it's similar to being tasered ๐Ÿ˜‚

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003

Not so often now but it is actually a better way to take medicines as it does not pass through all your vital organs to be absorbed . Just people find it distasteful but for some medication is better for your overall health .

Oct 28, 2019
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Van
Exp
18 years
I'm having a curried jacket potato with Carolina reaper sauce, rice and naan bread.. ๐Ÿค” I don't know where I'll end up ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ˜†

Edit: Ann says Hospital ๐Ÿ˜‚
Maybe a quick trip to France to Suppository Central will sort it for you Richard n Ann ;) ?

OOoo great! There's a toilet thread in the offing!:Grin:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back