Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The O2 'unlimited' deal slows down dramatically after the first 100MB per day to a 32Kbps connection - although tethering is permitted.

If you are on an 'unlimited' Three deal this is 'limited' to 25GB per month abroad for a maximum of 60 days in 365 and tethering is also not permitted.

Hope this helps.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
thanks andy yes that does help 02 for some reason none of them can say what the fair user policy is i have sent for a 3sim pay as u go but what is the deal with 3 on that sim ?

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
I bought a SIM card from Motorhome WiFi, tried to register it and get it working "within 5 working days" and got a reply saying "it will now take 10 working days due to high demand" which would have been half way through my holiday in France.

In the event, it was finally registered after about 14 days, (I didn't have Internet connection to pick up the email.....!), just as I returned home only to find it is possibly a worthless piece of plastic.

No one from Motorhome WiFi has contacted me to inform me and the only way I found out was through this thread.

I haven't tried to put any credit on it now as I don't want to throw good money after bad. Not very happy really, is it worth me attempting to use it or what? How do I stand getting for getting my money back?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
have u tried to contact andy i can't believe they havent replied if you have motorhomewifi after sales imho is 2nd to none and i have never eve bought anything from them yet they have gone out of their way to help

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
have u tried to contact andy i can't believe they havent replied if you have motorhomewifi after sales imho is 2nd to none and i have never eve bought anything from them yet they have gone out of their way to help

To be honest, apart from chasing them for the registration, I haven't contacted them since I read this business with Europasim.

OP
OP
Addie

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
To be honest, apart from chasing them for the registration, I haven't contacted them since I read this business with Europasim.

Hi Longdog,

To avoid confusion, I AM Motorhome WiFi - so if you haven't had an e-mail from us you haven't been affected by the issue. Drop me an e-mail via the website (address below) if you would like clarification with regards to the status of your SIM.

If you place it in a device and it works, you have nothing to worry about.

Hope that helps.

Adam

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Thanks for the advice and support Adam, I can cancel the email I was writing now :)

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
There's no upper limit on Pay Monthly, but traffic management steps apply. If you're on Pay and Go, there's a daily usage allowance of 50MB. If you reach this you can simply reset your daily allowance by text for £1.99.

That's now the gen on 02 after i conteced them to ask what the data was and the guy told me it was 50mb bloody waste of time
so if u r contract its 50mb then it slows right down
but if payg then after 50mb u can pay another 1.99 for another 50mb bloody rip off i reckon
and confirmed today what adam said 3 network £18 for 1 month all u can eat data but abroad its fixed at 25gig bloody great deal i reckon

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
There's no upper limit on Pay Monthly, but traffic management steps apply. If you're on Pay and Go, there's a daily usage allowance of 50MB. If you reach this you can simply reset your daily allowance by text for £1.99.

That's now the gen on 02 after i conteced them to ask what the data was and the guy told me it was 50mb bloody waste of time
so if u r contract its 50mb then it slows right down
but if payg then after 50mb u can pay another 1.99 for another 50mb bloody rip off i reckon
and confirmed today what adam said 3 network £18 for 1 month all u can eat data but abroad its fixed at 25gig bloody great deal i reckon
Think you'll find three is only £15, and works a treat in France, but if you go into Belgium or Spain O2 works fine for £1.99 a day whereas three charge £5 a day, been and done it , also you can tether on O2 , I never witnessed any slow down on O2 and had it on roaming all day.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
its ok i think i may get a credit on 3 for the grandsons but i will use my europasim 1.99 for 50mb on 02 is taking the pee

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
Alas I am still trying to get my 50 euros back from this darned EuropaSIM card I bought from MotohomeWifi at the Harrogate show this spring (not one of my best purchases I can tell you).

I've tried the PayPal root to get the money refunded but it has been a few weeks now and I've heard nothing back from PayPal.

MotorhomeWifi messaged me over the weekend with a form that I need to send to Vodafone in Italy. It seems that they have the cheek to levy a 5 euro charge for issuing any refund (the cheek of it) and on top of that I'm expected to pay the postage to send the letter all the way to Italy.

Am I just wasting my time and throwing good money after bad trying to get this 50 euros back or should I just give up and write it off to experience? :(

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Surely now the EU has outlawed roaming charges, the whole EuropaSIM business model is defunct?

OP
OP
Addie

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Paul,

You should email EuropaSIM using the address as advised in my last reply since you topped up with them (and it's them who you have a PayPal case open with) they will be best placed to assist and they have been very helpful in the replies I've seen.

I spoke to someone at Malvern who had already had a cheque back via the form method and so whichever route you take the money will be forthcoming.

Adam

OP
OP
Addie

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Surely now the EU has outlawed roaming charges, the whole EuropaSIM business model is defunct?

Yes, that's exactly what has happened - however roaming charges continue until 15th December 2015 and so while the Three like home deal is great for countries it covers for the ones it doesn't were still left with a deficit for 18 months.

GreenHell

Free Member
Feb 11, 2014
Lancashire Riviera
Funster No
MH
Looking for a new one
Exp
2013-2015
Addie,

I've a Huawei E5332 with Europasim from yourselves. I've had it since February.

I've hardly used it, and it has minimal credit on it. I think i'm going to just let it lapse and get one of these Three SIMs for the device instead.

Will it just be a straight swap? And a much simpler registration than the EuropaSim?

OP
OP
Addie

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Addie,

I've a Huawei E5332 with Europasim from yourselves. I've had it since February.

I've hardly used it, and it has minimal credit on it. I think i'm going to just let it lapse and get one of these Three SIMs for the device instead.

Will it just be a straight swap? And a much simpler registration than the EuropaSim?

For the countries that Three cover it is potentially a better deal - but nothing rivals EuropaSIM in terms of roaming for many countries. It would be a shame to let it lapse when you (or someone else?) could be making use of it as they are becoming sort after .

For Three if you topup by voucher from any UK supermarket, fuel station etc you never need to register - or if you only are yourself using 1GB / 30 days or 3GB / 90 days you can buy a SIM cards on Amazon for less than your topup price (eg £10 for £8 delivered) so just throw the SIM away on expiry and pop in a new one for less than the price of topping up.

Depending on the firmware on your E5332 the SIM will either be setup automatically or you will need to setup the APN as per your E5332 instructions - a copy was attached to your EuropaSIM activation. For Three the APN is '3internet' with your user/pass blank.

Adam

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
What about this new deal at currys?
Globalgig are selling a plan which includes the countries that three doesn't?

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
my europasim is still working great and i still think its the best deal about

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Should my EuropaSIM work here in UK?

My devices, (iPad and laptop) are connecting successfully to my Huawei E586E but it says no Internet connection?

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
my europasim is still working great and i still think its the best deal about

Don't rub salt in the wounds :) I only had mine for four months before it died a very quick death. I only got to use it for a couple of weeks and now I'm having to jump through hoops trying to get someone to give me my 50 euros of unused credit back.

If you're lucky enough to have one that still works I think you should be a happy camper.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Should my EuropaSIM work here in UK?

My devices, (iPad and laptop) are connecting successfully to my Huawei E586E but it says no Internet connection?
You need to select the correct APN, assuming there is a suitable broadband internet connection available where the device is physically located. Selecting the APN is covered in the instructions. I found it much easier to set it up using a PC with wireless card rather than a tablet as the tablet only accesses special small menus. You are supposed to be able to go to the non-mobile site but I couldn't find this option.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Don't rub salt in the wounds :) I only had mine for four months before it died a very quick death. I only got to use it for a couple of weeks and now I'm having to jump through hoops trying to get someone to give me my 50 euros of unused credit back.

If you're lucky enough to have one that still works I think you should be a happy camper.
i am happy :)

GreenHell

Free Member
Feb 11, 2014
Lancashire Riviera
Funster No
MH
Looking for a new one
Exp
2013-2015
For the countries that Three cover it is potentially a better deal - but nothing rivals EuropaSIM in terms of roaming for many countries. It would be a shame to let it lapse when you (or someone else?) could be making use of it as they are becoming sort after .

For Three if you topup by voucher from any UK supermarket, fuel station etc you never need to register - or if you only are yourself using 1GB / 30 days or 3GB / 90 days you can buy a SIM cards on Amazon for less than your topup price (eg £10 for £8 delivered) so just throw the SIM away on expiry and pop in a new one for less than the price of topping up.

Depending on the firmware on your E5332 the SIM will either be setup automatically or you will need to setup the APN as per your E5332 instructions - a copy was attached to your EuropaSIM activation. For Three the APN is '3internet' with your user/pass blank.

Adam

Thanks Adam,

The reason I was thinking of letting it lapse is, i've lost the card that had my pin on it, and I won't be going abroad until sometime in 2015 now.

The way I read the posts are that the EuropaSIM may work for now, but could just stop working in the future? I don't fancy topping back up if this may just happen to me at some point?

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
You need to select the correct APN, assuming there is a suitable broadband internet connection available where the device is physically located. Selecting the APN is covered in the instructions. I found it much easier to set it up using a PC with wireless card rather than a tablet as the tablet only accesses special small menus. You are supposed to be able to go to the non-mobile site but I couldn't find this option.

Hi, regarding the correct APN, where do I enter it? I have been through the menus on my Huawei E586E on my laptop and iPad although it is picking up Vodafone UK, and I have a wireless connection between my laptop and the Huawei and also my iPad and the Huawei, I can't get onto the Internet.

I am not a newbie by any means, but I feel like a real numpty here!

Deleted User
Try connecting to this Broken Link Removed go into settings and then profile management and type in APN etc.

I have two huawei devices, on one this connects automatically, on the other it doesn't.

longdog

Banned
Apr 16, 2013
Funster No
Hi, regarding the correct APN, where do I enter it? I have been through the menus on my Huawei E586E on my laptop and iPad although it is picking up Vodafone UK, and I have a wireless connection between my laptop and the Huawei and also my iPad and the Huawei, I can't get onto the Internet.

I am not a newbie by any means, but I feel like a real numpty here!

OK, I have done it at last!!! lol

I connected my iPad to the Vodafone.it network on my Huawei, but boy is it slow!!!! When it tether my Motorola Razr on Virgin Mobile is is much faster!

Ah well, at least I should have an emergency Internet connection in Germany and Holland next week.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back