EuropaSIM not Roaming - Sorted (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I have been using my O2 mobile for Internet access in Spain this week but I also have a Europasim and mifi but it has been saying no coverage, which I didn't believe. However, the administration screen was also showing roaming was switched off but I could not find any settings to turn it on. This is probably because using a tablet to access the mifi means you see abbreviated pages designed for small screens. Addie told me some time ago there is an option to find the full fat menus and pages but I can't get them to appear.

So, after a glass of well chilled rose inspiration struck and I put the europasim in my mobile and turned it on. After a few moments several verbose sms texts in Italian arrived which persuaded me to think the device was now speaking to Italy.

I returned the sim to the mifi and it now works.

Only slight problem is my mobile phone was speaking Italian to me even after the O2 sim was fitted which meant I had to navigate the (Italian) menus to change the language back to English. Lingua was the word to look for.

Posted just for info in case anyone else ever has this problem.

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Addie, many thanks for that. There really is an app for nearly everything.

The mifi is working fine. Such a pity europasim went belly up but the mifi will still be useful even when roaming charges have been lifted as it can use an external aerial. I only have a very simple one but I know you can get higher gain aerials. The one I have works fine in most places but the signal was weak for example in the Pyrenees and also in the UK in places like the cornish coast.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back