Euro6 Fiat Ducato 'quality enhancement' notification (1 Viewer)

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I had reason to call Fiat Customer service about something after my 2017 150hp Euro 6 van (built Sept -Oct 2016) was in at my local Fiat Professional dealer yesterday.
The issue I had was resolved, but I got a follow up phone call this morning from the Fiat Customer Service operator saying that she noticed an outstanding 'quality enhancement' notice on my van. She called the dealer to see if they had applied the 'enhancement' when my van was in, and they had not, so she was calling me to get me to make a booking.
Fwiw, the recall ref is as follows.: 6152-290-TUBO-EGR
Tubo is Italian for tube / pipe / hose. EGR is self explanatory.

My van shows as green on the Fiat camper App check status.

Might be worth contacting fiat to see if your van is affected

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
It looks like Fiat have updated the Fiat Camper App now to show the recall. My van is now showing a Red status
E2FBD352-B049-4A4F-8F63-2C97FDF9E811.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I was in the local Fiat Professional service reception on Monday. They checked my VIN number on their system but ... said nothing. I was asking about their menu price for the 1st service, not if there were any recalls. (FWIW they quoted about £225 inc VAT).

I think my Euro 6 Ducato left the Fiat factory in December 2016. I guess now is the time to try the online Fiat Camper thingy.

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
We rang the service agent in Cartagena, but he did not understand my Spanish or the code, Fiat assist got a translator to ring to make an appointment and instructed him which work to carry out, fingers crossed they sort it, booked in next Thursday, I requested they pre ordered the part so we could get back on with our holiday, but apparently they are not able to do that, part may take 4 days to arrive after the initial inspection

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We rang the service agent in Cartagena, but he did not understand my Spanish or the code, Fiat assist got a translator to ring to make an appointment and instructed him which work to carry out, fingers crossed they sort it, booked in next Thursday, I requested they pre ordered the part so we could get back on with our holiday, but apparently they are not able to do that, part may take 4 days to arrive after the initial inspection

@Lynne Roy Our local Fiat garage has pre ordered my parts without seeing our van and it’s booked in for the 16th November.

John.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
^ same here. My dealer ordered the parts when I phoned and booked my appointment (they said there was a 4 day delivery time from Fiat Italy) and I expect the parts to be at the dealer before I turn up on Tuesday to have the job done.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back