Euro tunnel (1 Viewer)

Jan 23, 2013
Mold
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Off to Germany via the Euro tunnel in just over a weeks time. Train leaves 7.30is in the morning. We intend to drive down the night before and arrive between 1.00 & 2.00. Can any one enlighten me on what the situation is about parking up so early in advance of our train departure:Smile:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
No problem... You'll almost certainly be offered an earlier train... Otherwise just Park up and wait to be called

Jun 23, 2013
Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013 but been camping for 25+ years
There is a big car park in front of the 'services'. You could park in the furthest point and get your head down if you're not offered a better time (I'd be surprised if you don't)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Millibobs

Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Sax Alicante area Spain
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since 2004
Off to Germany via the Euro tunnel in just over a weeks time. Train leaves 7.30is in the morning. We intend to drive down the night before and arrive between 1.00 & 2.00. Can any one enlighten me on what the situation is about parking up so early in advance of our train departure:Smile:

I've just pestered the toll booths and have got earlier trains, just do it nicely and I'm sure you'll get an earlier departure if they have the space. Will always use the tunnel in future,don't even know you're moving, you arrive before you've had time to eat your buttties lol.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
As others have said, they will offer you an earlier train. Get across and park on the other side.
If not just park up at the tunnel services until you are called.
Enjoy your trip.

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
We arrived at the Eurotunnel check in booths a few weeks ago just before 8.30 pm.
The Automatic Number Plate Recognition system failed to work and we had to use either our credit card or booking reference number.
We tried the credit card a couple of times but it wouldn't accept it and had just started to enter the reference number on the booking form when a voice asked if we were okay or needed help.
He asked for our reference number, which we gave, and he said 'You're a bit early, aren't you?' The booked time to cross was 5.50 am.
'Would you like an earlier crossing?' he asked and looked to see if it was possible.
He said if we wanted to cross before midnight there would be a 'supplement' of £164.
We declined the generous offer of more than doubling our total outlay for a return crossing and asked to be allowed to go by our booked train at 5.50am.
'Sorry' he said 'but overnight parking is not allowed at the Terminal. You will have to stay somewhere else and return to check-in any time after 3am'
So despite many people saying that overnight parking is allowed I'm afraid the very polite Eurotunnel employee at check-in thought otherwise.

:france::france::france:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back