Euro Tunnel (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
I am thinking of purchasing the Euro tunnel frequent traveller but just wondered if someone could answer me a few questions.
We usually use the ferry and I know if you are a couple of hours early or late (we have a long drive to the port) they will usually put you on the next ferry without extra charge.
What happens at Euro tunnel if you are early or what happens if you get held up in traffic & miss your allocated time.
If we want to take a generator as long as we drain the fuel tank are we allowed to take it.
We may want to travel in peak time, I understand there will be a supplement to pay but is there usually space on the train.
Not sure if we would use the full 10 crossings of in the year. I am assuming if I share with someone I will have to pay upfront for the 10 crossings & nominate a second person & they will just refund me when they book their crossing, is that how it works.
I am thinking of going out 17th December hence the peak crossing question.
Look forward to hearing from knowledgeable Euro Tunnel users.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Never had a problem being early ... or late.. too early and there may be a small charge..
Never drained a generator
Instructions for frequent traveller are on the website but there was a very recent thread on here about them.
We have nevery had a problem crossing but we seldom use peak times

KeithMak

Free Member
Nov 10, 2016
South West
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Found on Eurotunnel site:

What happens if I arrive early or late?

If you check-in within 2 hours either side of your reserved time, within the validity of your ticket you may be offered a space on the next departure with availability without charge.

If you check-in more than 2 hours but no more than 24 hours before or after your reserved time, your booking may be exchanged, subject to availability and payment of the difference between the price you paid and the price applicable to the departure for which your booking is exchanged.

If you arrive more than 24 hours after your booked departure time, your booking will be invalid and cannot be exchanged.

Please refer to Eurotunnel Le Shuttle Ticket Terms or call our Contact Centre.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Arrive early or late and you will be offered the next available train. You are only charged if there is a difference in price between the one you booked and the one you actually use.

You have to pay for the frequent traveller scheme upfront. If you share it with someone else it's down to you to sort out money with that person. Eurotunnel won't get involved with charging them and refunding you.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Because of the off peak times I usually book the first crossing out i.e. as soon after the 16.00 start time as poss. When we turn up early we never get offered an earlier crossing unless we pay an extra £20, presumably because we are there before their 16.00 cut off time.
On the way back from Calais I tend to book the crossing for one of the latest off peak times i.e. 13.00 ish.
As we are well within their 'off peak' times we are usually offered an earlier crossing.
Never been late yet so don't know what happens but I suspect it wouldn't be a problem if it was genuine, publicised traffic delays.
As far as draining down a generator I hadn't even considered it.
Cars go through with tanks full of petrol so why not a generator with its tiny tank?
They will want to check that your gas bottles are tuned off though.

Richard.

Sep 11, 2014
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2013
We shared the frequent traveller with another Funster. He paid for 10 crossings, we immediately reimbursed him for 4 and booked as and when required.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm planning to book a frequent travel with my wife as share person as we need to take the car over twice in 12 months, so I think it will work out cheaper than towing car, so 4 crossings with motorhome and 4 crossing with car leaving 2 crossings for a wine trip near the end of 12 months.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
We have arrived early a few times and when you enter your details they give you a price for an earlier crossing. We have been quoted from nothing to £125. I dont know what would happen if you were late, does anyone know ?
Phil

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We have arrived early a few times and when you enter your details they give you a price for an earlier crossing. We have been quoted from nothing to £125. I dont know what would happen if you were late, does anyone know ?
Phil

Exactly the same.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back