Euro Tunnel - Tesco Vouchers (1 Viewer)

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
We've been given a good amount of Vouchers from my inlaws which are in their name. Has anyone managed to book the eurotunnel with someone elses vouchers or experienced any problems?

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Hi, We could not find a way to use them to book for our son, so will be interested to see if anyone has found a way. Booking needs to be in name of the Tesco account holder

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I would think you could book in their name, and list you two as well but then they would just not go, no dearer for four than two, don't know just thinking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've been given a good amount of Vouchers from my inlaws which are in their name. Has anyone managed to book the eurotunnel with someone elses vouchers or experienced any problems?
Unfortunately there's no way to use them if your surname isn't the same as theirs as ET will only allow you to travel if the person who made the booking, and in whose name the vouchers are, goes with you, if they don't go you won't be going either!

If you lived at the same address you could merge the accounts and may then be able to use the vouchers that way, but other than that I don't know of any way to do it.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Can you transfer the original points, before you change them to vouchers

Edit , hold on , are they already converted to tunnel vouchers, the three for one if they are you are definitely stuffed but if they are still Tesco points you might have a chance

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
but hold on, there's always people on here wanting to sell tunnel tickets they can't use, how do they get changed?

Upvote 0

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
but hold on, there's always people on here wanting to sell tunnel tickets they can't use, how do they get changed?

Think that is Tunnel Tickets that they are selling, not Tesco Vouchers

We got this Email from Tesco:

(quote}

Redemption Instructions

How to use your token codes:

1. Call Eurotunnel on 0844 8797088 and quote "TESCO" to make your booking. Only ONE token code can be used per booking. For making multiple bookings you must order 1 token code per booking.

The Leadname of the Eurotunnel booking MUST correspond to the name on the token code

(end quote)

The Tunnel booking is addressed "Dear Tesco Customer" and this may cause problems if trying to change the name

Last edited:
Upvote 0

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We have a one way ET ticket for midday this Sunday - part paid with Tesco vouchers. We are unable to go and the ticket expires at the end of the month. :( . One dog included on ticket.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Chris Laing
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
I thought the Euro Tunnel entry point is an automated system therefore no one would be any the wiser who is in the motorhome?

The only checkpoint is passport control.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Think that is Tunnel Tickets that they are selling, not Tesco Vouchers

We got this Email from Tesco:

(quote}

Redemption Instructions

How to use your token codes:

1. Call Eurotunnel on 0844 8797088 and quote "TESCO" to make your booking. Only ONE token code can be used per booking. For making multiple bookings you must order 1 token code per booking.

The Leadname of the Eurotunnel booking MUST correspond to the name on the token code

(end quote)

The Tunnel booking is addressed "Dear Tesco Customer" and this may cause problems if trying to change the name
But once it's been changed to a tunnel ticket can it then be changed

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
We used the vouchers last year. We hired a motor home and had confirmed its registration when booking. This Motorhome then became unavailable and a replacement was provided. Euro tunnel accepted the change of vehicle with no problems.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We used the vouchers last year. We hired a motor home and had confirmed its registration when booking. This Motorhome then became unavailable and a replacement was provided. Euro tunnel accepted the change of vehicle with no problems.
Yeah. That's I would think, use the vouchers to book the tunnel in the ilaws name then change the tunnel ticket to yours

Upvote 0

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
But once it's been changed to a tunnel ticket can it then be changed

The Tunnel ticket quiet clearly shows that is was purchased using TESCO vouchers, and I assume that their system shows the same. Never tried to change my ticket to another so cannot verify but having being told that it must be used by the account holder I would expect that it cannot be changed to a different name

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Give up then, best just change them for other stuff then in store rather than risk losing out:(

Upvote 0

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
I thought the Euro Tunnel entry point is an automated system therefore no one would be any the wiser who is in the motorhome?

The only checkpoint is passport control.

You need to enter Advance Passenger Information (API), so either that information would not tally with the details that their system holds on the ticket purchaser or with the people trying to pass through

I agree that the passage through the tunnel always seems very simple and lax, but I assume that this is partly due to the fact that my entitlement and details are correct

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It's done this way for various reasons but I suspect even more so now for anti-terrorism/illegal immigrants measures. It stops people booking things in their name for others to travel and take advantage of the Tesco vouchers earned by the original owner ... you used to be able to use vouchers in other people's names but that was stopped quite a few years ago ... I think Tesco sussed out that they were being sold on Ebay!

Upvote 0

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We've used Tesco vouchers in both mine and wifes names to purchase the Tunnel voucher with no problems. Of course, though, we're both named as travellers and one of us is the lead passenger.

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
If the tesco points have been changed to vouchers they can be changed back bythe cardholder just ring tesco club card help line I have done so twice before.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We have a one way ET ticket for midday this Sunday - part paid with Tesco vouchers. We are unable to go and the ticket expires at the end of the month. :( . One dog included on ticket.
Just ring ET up and see if they will let you extend it beyond the month ... you never know but may depend on the reason for your not travelling now, at the very least they should refund you for the dog without a problem.

Upvote 0

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Have done that already as we should have travelled in September when Lynda broke her shoulder. Reason we cant go this time, had to have a front tooth removed and need an implant. Insurers want a letter from dentist to say Im unfit to travel. Dentist doesn't do letters. If we take off the £75 for the Tesco part, which the insurance wont pay out on, and the £50 excess its more bloody trouble than its worth. We have been offered the £18 back for the dog.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Have done that already as we should have travelled in September when Lynda broke her shoulder. Reason we cant go this time, had to have a front tooth removed and need an implant. Insurers want a letter from dentist to say Im unfit to travel. Dentist doesn't do letters. If we take off the £75 for the Tesco part, which the insurance wont pay out on, and the £50 excess its more bloody trouble than its worth. We have been offered the £18 back for the dog.
... can you not go toothless ... or are you worried about not being able to show off a big grin to the foreign ladies ...?:D2

Upvote 0

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
No I've started the implant course which involved bone grafting and collagen inserting into the jaw bone. Currently have 7 stitches in which need removing next week. The one year anniversary date of the ticket expires 31st Jan. On top of that, Lyndas Mum was taken in hospital New Years Day, she's out now but obviously she's 84 and creaking. So we thought it as well to stay home this time. Tooth implants can take up to 6 months to complete.

You don't smile at Muslim women btw.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
No I've started the implant course which involved bone grafting and collagen inserting into the jaw bone. Currently have 7 stitches in which need removing next week. The one year anniversary date of the ticket expires 31st Jan. On top of that, Lyndas Mum was taken in hospital New Years Day, she's out now but obviously she's 84 and creaking. So we thought it as well to stay home this time. Tooth implants can take up to 6 months to complete.
Oh dear, not just a simple thing then but if you haven't already explained it all to them it might be worth a go ... they might agree to do something, certainly worth a try.
You don't smile at Muslim women btw.
???

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
It is not uncommon to get to the check in and be asked to insert the card that was used for the booking. If you have paid for a portion of the ticket that could be a problem with trying to get round the name bit.

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We have never had a ticket that was n danger of running out of time but we always book two return journeys per year with Tesco Vouchers.

We usually change our dates of travel at will and have never had problems with changing the date.

Would it not be possible simply to ring Eurotunnel and request a change of date to, say, six months ahead, changing again nearer the time if it needs to be?

Upvote 0

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
Eurotunnel are really empathetic....do have a go at phoning them to explain....good luck with everything...hope health and happiness is forthcoming for you all.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back