Euro Tunnel- Pet Travel Scheme Update -if there is a ‘no deal’ Brexit. (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
The vaccine is all the same. Just dated differently for the UK where it is only required every 3 years .Here it is a legal requirement that all cats,dogs,ferrets are done yearly.
Same in France same vaccine but needs more frequent use I think 2 years

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My dog is due his rabies vaccine in March as for some reason the vet only says it’s valid for 2 years! He was titre tested 3 weeks and I have just heard he is fine and has the antibodies- phew!!
The expiry date will be in the pet passport. Worth checking.

Aug 17, 2011
North East
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057
Exp
since 2011
I would question your vet as rabies vaccine lasts three years. I think they are just going for an easy income.

Yes don’t worry I will be asking for a 3 year one or for her to check when we go in March!!! It is only 2 years in the passport!

But to be fair to her I was I initially quoted £120 plus for the blood test but she rang back and said £77 was the cheapest!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Announcement today: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46617152

And it warns that the following will occur from the date of a disorderly UK exit from the EU:

• Transport of goods delays because of the need for checks on all UK livestock exports, and the application of customs duties and taxes on goods moving between the UK and EU;
  • End of the guarantee of the continuation of all existing air transport links under the same terms as they are supplied today;
  • Financial services operators in the UK lose the right to provide their services in the 27 EU member states under the EU financial services passports scheme;
  • EU pet passports issued to owners in the UK will no longer be valid

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Announcement today: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46617152

And it warns that the following will occur from the date of a disorderly UK exit from the EU:

• Transport of goods delays because of the need for checks on all UK livestock exports, and the application of customs duties and taxes on goods moving between the UK and EU;
  • End of the guarantee of the continuation of all existing air transport links under the same terms as they are supplied today;
  • Financial services operators in the UK lose the right to provide their services in the 27 EU member states under the EU financial services passports scheme;
  • EU pet passports issued to owners in the UK will no longer be valid

Does that mean if a passport was issued in France it’s ok?

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
We have decided it’s such a minefield of uncertainty that we are waiting until after March 31st to renew Charlie’s rabies and we won’t be going away before everything is sorted - if it ever gets sorted!

Ginny

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back