Euro tunnel Frequent Traveller partner (1 Viewer)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi , I'm looking for somebody to share a Eurotunnel frequent traveller with me.
I would want 6 crossings and will be buying mid December.
The crossings are £44 each plus a supplement of £11 when using a motorhome and a further £44 if towing a trailer.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Hope you get fixed up - I reckon it is a fantastic deal.

We love it for the flexibility alone. Travel when you want, including peak season; change your dates and or times as often as you want at no extra charge - online or on the phone; and go open-ended and travel home whenever you feel like it, just book crossing the day before travel. (y)

Quick; fuss-free and no worries what the weather in the Channel is doing. ;)

Great scheme!

Good luck.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Hi , I'm looking for somebody to share a Eurotunnel frequent traveller with me.
I would want 6 crossings and will be buying mid December.
The crossings are £44 each plus a supplement of £11 when using a motorhome and a further £44 if towing a trailer.
PM sent @Manic

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
You may now be sorted @Manic, but if anyone else is interested, we're also looking for a frequent traveller partner, commencing sometime in December, would like to take 6 of the 10 crossings if possible, but can be flexible on this (y)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
You may now be sorted @Manic, but if anyone else is interested, we're also looking for a frequent traveller partner, commencing sometime in December, would like to take 6 of the 10 crossings if possible, but can be flexible on this (y)
I have PM'd @Manic but if they are already sorted then I'm happy for 4 crossings @Oscar

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
I think you can buy as many as you want with a minimum of 10

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
If anyone is interested, we will be looking to share, we want four crossing. We don't care when it starts, we will not need to use the first crossing until March according to our current plans.

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
If anyone is interested, we will be looking to share, we want four crossing. We don't care when it starts, we will not need to use the first crossing until March according to our current plans.

Can we get back to you soon? we would be looking to start it in December. Thanks :)

celticmini

Free Member
Jul 23, 2013
wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Oscar, no rush we are away on holiday at the moment not back until next week, we are not on any rush, but December would be OK. PM me if you wish.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Not aware of this scheme as our RV ran on lpg so we had to use the ferries but now we've sold and buying a European will only use eurotunnel so could be looking to share such a scheme. Thanks for starting the thread .... You learn something everyday!

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well it looks like I'm sorted with @EX51SSS
We have used it this year and I shared with my wife as we needed to take a car over twice and it worked out cheaper than tow car on tunnel, it's a very good scheme.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
I've been on eurotunnel website and still slightly confused so correct me if I'm wrong please.

My understanding is as a partner I could open an account and nominate 1 other partner. I pre pay for at least 10 tickets which we share. Do you then book specific dates & times as you want them? Also there is a supplement of £11 for motorhome but is that for any length?

Last edited:

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
You are correct on both points.
You pay the motorhome supplement when you book the individual journeys. The tickets have to be used within a year or they are forfeited and you can book 24 hours in advance as well as re-arrange bookings easily within those timeframes. You still have the option of going by car and need to pay for animals as well.
You pay the same for a RV as a VW.
The partner has to go online and register their bank card asap as this can be used each time they go through check-in (again you are not charged just identified), otherwise you may have to go to the terminal to confirm your identity. The partner does not need to pay anything but registering the card is time limited and is the easiest way of checking-in (You can go through a manned check-in but that is slower and a pain once you are a regular although unmanned booths are set up for cars or lorries).

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks @Camdoon we always used the tunnel for car travel and with the caravan but not for the last 4 years as we had the RV. RV is being picked up sunday and on the hunt gor the ruro replacement so will definitely use this fequent traveller system and maybe look for a partner to share the tickets depending on how many we use ourselves.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Just to clarify further, I am the 'second' named user on the account in my case. My friend who is the 'first' named and account holder pays Eurotunnel for 10 single car tickets @ £44 each = £440 up front.

I then agree with my friend how many tickets (crossings) I want, and pay him. So for two return crossings 4 singles @ £44 = £176.

I can then use them either for a car at no additional cost, or for the van I pay Eurotunnel a supplement of £11 each way when I make a reservation.

The Eurotunnel system is pretty straightforward to use and requests the supplement as soon as 'campervan' is entered as the type of vehicle.

I think my friend, as the first named account holder, receives an automated email notification ( which of course I also receive) whenever I make or change a booking. So he always knows when I am coming or going through the tunnel. But as the second named on the account I don't receive notification of his comings and goings. Though I can see them if I log into the Eurotunnel account.

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
This is what supplement would be charged for different times but this does change because when I came to France at the end of August the peak rate was between 12 noon and 4 pm.
IMG_0818.jpg

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Can someone tell me, what if both parties go over at the same, is that possible...?

Deleted User
Pleased you are sorted. I bought the minimum of 10 tickets and used them all quite quickly, they ran out 2 months ago and I rather foolishly assumed I would not be going over so often, the two trips I made last month, booking last minute, cost virtually the same as a 10 pack, no brainer for a motorhomer who likes Europe in my opinion.

OP
OP
Manic
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can someone tell me, what if both parties go over at the same, is that possible...?

As others have said yes both can travel at the same time, I've shared with my wife to get A framed car over cheaper, just hitch up the other side.

Oct 27, 2016
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1997
Also looking for a partner to share frequent traveller scheme for Eurotunnel.

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
Walmo, I am looking for a partner if you are still looking? I am looking to travel in 4 weeks, so would order soon if you are interested?

Oct 27, 2016
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1997
Thanks for your reply Wh05apk. Although I don't need mine till next year, ordering in the next four weeks would suite me fine as they last for a full year. I am looking for six crossings i.e 3 returns if that helps. PM me if interested.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Just to clarify further, I am the 'second' named user on the account in my case. My friend who is the 'first' named and account holder pays Eurotunnel for 10 single car tickets @ £44 each = £440 up front.

I then agree with my friend how many tickets (crossings) I want, and pay him. So for two return crossings 4 singles @ £44 = £176.

I can then use them either for a car at no additional cost, or for the van I pay Eurotunnel a supplement of £11 each way when I make a reservation.

The Eurotunnel system is pretty straightforward to use and requests the supplement as soon as 'campervan' is entered as the type of vehicle.

I think my friend, as the first named account holder, receives an automated email notification ( which of course I also receive) whenever I make or change a booking. So he always knows when I am coming or going through the tunnel. But as the second named on the account I don't receive notification of his comings and goings. Though I can see them if I log into the Eurotunnel account.

Hi can I ask a question, I have shared the frequent traveller before with my friend as the main person....now I always assumed rightly or wrongly his number plate and my number plate registration was the only two allowed..are you saying that if my motorhome reg and his motorhome reg was rerecorded ...I could also go over in my car instead under a different registration ...is it your card that counts or your home address or is it name that counts

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Another question..When the ten journeys have been used can you buy / add extra ones .. or do have to rebuy a block of 10

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
The rules state the account holder ( or shared account holder} must travel on each trip in person. The credit card is used as a convenient check at check-in but don't forget you have to pre-advise passport details on all tunnel crossings. FWIW I used to use frequent traveler 2/3 times a month for a few years, and although I usually booked online previous day, it was always less than 24hours before traveling with no problem.

Malcolm

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Another question..When the ten journeys have been used can you buy / add extra ones .. or do have to rebuy a block of 10
New block of 10, although you can buy more than 10 at that time, remembering that all tickets expire 12 months after purchase

Malcolm

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back