Euro-only breakdown cover? (1 Viewer)

mb567

Free Member
Jun 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hello, just wondering if anyone knows of an insurer providing Europe only breakdown cover for a UK resident? I've seen a few mentions of ADAC but their website says a German address is required to become a member.

I already have UK breakdown cover and will be going on a Europe trip of >90 days this year. My comprehensive insurer has a trip limit of 60 days for Euro cover. RAC, AA and LV Britannia have provided UK+Europe quotes which include trips of more than 90 days but they're more expensive than I was hoping. The other 15 or so insurers I've looked at aren't suitable.

So I was wondering if there's an option to take out Europe only cover which might bring the cost down, perhaps from a German or French supplier?

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Green flag let you take a year policy. Then cancel when you come home. Get full pro rata refund. I did it every year, even though only a few weeks trip.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hello, just wondering if anyone knows of an insurer providing Europe only breakdown cover for a UK resident? I've seen a few mentions of ADAC but their website says a German address is required to become a member.

I already have UK breakdown cover and will be going on a Europe trip of >90 days this year. My comprehensive insurer has a trip limit of 60 days for Euro cover. RAC, AA and LV Britannia have provided UK+Europe quotes which include trips of more than 90 days but they're more expensive than I was hoping. The other 15 or so insurers I've looked at aren't suitable.

So I was wondering if there's an option to take out Europe only cover which might bring the cost down, perhaps from a German or French supplier?
Not done this but I think Eurotunnel will insure you for the length of your trip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mb567

mb567

Free Member
Jun 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Green flag let you take a year policy. Then cancel when you come home. Get full pro rata refund. I did it every year, even though only a few weeks trip.

Thanks, their website says euro cover is limited to 30 days per trip though, am I looking at the wrong thing?

Not done this but I think Eurotunnel will insure you for the length of your trip

Thanks, do they only offer this as an add on for a crossing ticket? Have already booked a ferry unfortunately...

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks, their website says euro cover is limited to 30 days per trip though, am I looking at the wrong thing?

Thanks, do they only offer this as an add on for a crossing ticket? Have already booked a ferry unfortunately...
Don't use Ferry's, so can't help on that one but it always comes up as an option when booking tunnel.
Do ferry's offer the same?

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Yes, look for the normal UK cover then add Euro cover. That gets you 90 days Euro cover. I just got a quote for £134 for year

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
mb567

mb567

Free Member
Jun 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Yes, look for the normal UK cover then add Euro cover. That gets you 90 days Euro cover. I just got a quote for £134 for year

Very helpful, cheers. Unfortunately they've limited Europe cover to vehicles 16 and younger (ours is 19). Looks like I'll have to go with LV Britannia.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back