Euro breakdown cover for older motorhome (1 Viewer)

tashamarie

Free Member
Sep 1, 2009
norwich
Funster No
Exp
10years with family 4 years new family
hi there,
we have a older motorhome 1994 , we have upgraded from our well loved 1990 eldis autoquest270 , which last year found we couldnt get breakdown cover through insurechoice as motorhome was to old over 16 yrs, ok we only needed one trip last year as i was pregnant and we didnt go to france as much, this year we want a years cover with our upgraded 1994 !! can anyone help me find the best to cover with ive looked at rac and aa and it /
£179, is there a better deal out there , can anyone help

thnaks
natasha

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
Hi,

Welcome to the Fun!!

I insure mine for breakdown overseas with RAC and it's cheaper. It is however extremely difficult to recommend any company, because individual circumstances vary so much.

You also have to consider this information given to my son, by a friend who works in an insurance call centre;

The price you are quoted can vary if the call handler has a headache/hangover, is in a good or bad mood, whether he likes the way you sound, likes or dislikes the model of motorhome, needs a cup of coffee of lunch, or has the supervisor looking at his screen.

In other words, a lottery!!

OP
OP
T

tashamarie

Free Member
Sep 1, 2009
norwich
Funster No
Exp
would you say £179 is a fair quote?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
It's certainly not unreasonable if the level of cover is what you need. You could undoubtedly get cheaper cover, but the benefits are reduced.

johnnerontheroad

Free Member
Dec 11, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Natasha,

Have a look at ADAC there is a download on this site of the hand book in english Link Removed

ADAC web site
Link Removed

There is also Campton I think they cover vans up to 20 year old Link Removed

This has been looked at on the site before Link Removed

I think you are too young for SAGA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
cover

try adrian flux, always good for us,,online, but you phone a free phone number and they call straight back,, and they do,, 2007 we had a 1992 talbot no prblem,, or try campton insurance with them now, ours is a 1999/ s reg. no problem, multi trip 68 pounds a year,, they are nice people to chat to,,,, good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

tashamarie

Free Member
Sep 1, 2009
norwich
Funster No
Exp
yes to young for that lol thanks for your help gonna get my husband to ring cramptons

OP
OP
T

tashamarie

Free Member
Sep 1, 2009
norwich
Funster No
Exp
rac

thanks for all your help , i have become a c&c member and was going to get arrivas breakdown , i was quoted £99 or £157 if i am not with c&c , well at the time i wasnt . so i was advised to join and the charge fpor lder van would be taken away . I joined now i called up and got a different quote of £146 even being a c&c member and they asked for a code. i wasnt happy with this as i only joined because of advise from first person , i called bk again and now they are quoting me £176?????? can any one advise what i am to do , cant belive ive had 3 different quotes?:ROFLMAO::Angry::whatthe:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back