Euro 6 v euro 5 = clean air zones, help (1 Viewer)

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
We’re intending to sell our Motorhome after next summer and use our caravan .
Just waiting for an suitable reasonably priced battery car to come on the market that can tow 1600kg over at least 250 miles before having to plug in

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Forte
Exp
10years
I have a July 2016 registered Ducato. Sine there is nothing on the registration documents is there any place that I can find out am I Euro5, 5+ or 6?

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
One thing is for sure wages in the lower bracket will have to rise. The care worker who cleans your backside and wipes the dribble from your chin doesn’t earn enough to pay for a Euro 6 or electric car to drive around to clients.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
why do you need to go into a city centre in a motorhome anyway?
If the M25 had been built & regulated like it should have been it would be quicker to use it from essex around to the M4 . it wasn't & it isn't. straight through the centre is still far quicker . It can't be 'progress' when the ring road will take you at least,if not 3 or 4 times as long to get to the same place.
Smoke & mirrors. same as euro 6 + D etc; etc; pinnacle was reached long ,long ago_Only way to "improve" diesels has been done already .cook the books.
They need to sort out the carcinogenic petrol first .

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I have a July 2016 registered Ducato. Sine there is nothing on the registration documents is there any place that I can find out am I Euro5, 5+ or 6?
In the V5C, are there values for each gas emission? Sometimes you get values rather than the Euro rating.

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
In the V5C, are there values for each gas emission? Sometimes you get values rather than the Euro rating.
Hi not on mine, there is virtually nothing on it when I got it back last week, its pretty much useless.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Hi not on mine, there is virtually nothing on it when I got it back last week, its pretty much useless.
the dvla is notorious for leaving off half the stuff that should be on there. Like the type approval details, useful if you wish to register it elsewhere. Or the mam. but adding 'revenue weight ' which is as useful as a choclate teapot in other countries.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
out of interest have just checked my v5c in the emissions section there is nothing at all and nowhere does it say its a euro6 the only reason i know its a euro6 is by the vin number

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
out of interest have just checked my v5c in the emissions section there is nothing at all and nowhere does it say its a euro6 the only reason i know its a euro6 is by the vin number
how do you know it via the vin number ?

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Forte
Exp
10years
All blank on the V5C in Section V - Exhaust Emissions. I do remember doing some research and the engine was manufactured in 2015 but as the van was not registered until July 2016 I wouldn't be surprised as to what version it is.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
All blank on the V5C in Section V - Exhaust Emissions. I do remember doing some research and the engine was manufactured in 2015 but as the van was not registered until July 2016 I wouldn't be surprised as to what version it is.
When I was looking for a new van, I nearly bought a 2017 registered Chausson with a Ford base. It had the 2.2 engine, so was Euro 5. Apparently for motorhomes, it's hard to tell whether or not they'll be compliant because the cut-off date applied to the when the base vehicle was sold by the automotive manufacturer. Not when the motorhome convertor eventually sold it and it was registered by a dealer.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
It should tell you in your vehicle handbook/ maintenance logbook or if you download the App Vehicle Smart and put your reg into the ‘my garage section, once you do that scroll down and it will list all the engine details including its Euro setting.👍🏻

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Euro 7 engine from 2023/4, no doubt euro 5 and then 6 engines will start to be banned progressively. You can not win, its relentless the changes now. Its all to fast.

It is probably not too fast for vans and trucks which do huge mileages and are probably changed every 3-5 years but is certainly too fast for MHs, which can easily have a life of 20 years but the politicians have not taken this minority into account. Strange really since they seem to be leaning over backwards to be 'inclusive' to other minorities.

Maybe we should all call our MHs 'LBGTQ+ Vehicles' and claim discrimination.

Geoff

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
It is probably not too fast for vans and trucks which do huge mileages and are probably changed every 3-5 years but is certainly too fast for MHs, which can easily have a life of 20 years but the politicians have not taken this minority into account. Strange really since they seem to be leaning over backwards to be 'inclusive' to other minorities.

Geoff
Plus non binary

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp

Geoff
As you well know, all vehicles (and ships) are 'she'.
It's the only word in the English language that has a gender

My ship of the road is definitely female.
It needs a man to handle her
She needs a good paint job to keep her looking good
Her bottom, which never looks big, needs a good rubbing down every spring
Her skirts are forever being lifted
She needs a change of shoes every season
Her consumption of hard liquor is phenomenal.
She is forever wanting expensive oils
and she is temperamental ......

(Takes cover .....) ::bigsmile:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
If the M25 had been built & regulated like it should have been it would be quicker to use it from essex around to the M4 . it wasn't & it isn't. straight through the centre is still far quicker . It can't be 'progress' when the ring road will take you at least,if not 3 or 4 times as long to get to the same place.

Smoke & mirrors. same as euro 6 + D etc; etc; pinnacle was reached long ,long ago_Only way to "improve" diesels has been done already .cook the books.
They need to sort out the carcinogenic petrol first .
I'll challenge you to a race starting at the top of the m25 lets say the potters bar turn off and finishing at the start of the m23 I'll take the m25 and you can go across London nine times out of ten i would be waiting an hour for you just done it on google maps hour diffence

Nov 19, 2021
Nr Wigan, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido A Class
Exp
This new greener e10 fuel is also an absolute joke.
I do 25k miles a year. My car now does 4mpg less on this new fuel.
Old fuel = 46mpg = 543 gallons a year.
New fuel = 42mpg = 595 gallons a year.

So that’s 52 more gallons a year to do the same miles.
Can someone please explain how this is greener and better for the environment because I’m totally confused.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back