Euro 5 Ducato recall (1 Viewer)

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
First post so I thought I'd offer a heads up to owners of relatively new Fiat Ducato based motorhomes (ours is a 15 plate Euro 5 model) to say that there is a recall out for the ignition switch barrel which requires changing/modifying to stop a rapid drain of the main engine battery when the van is parked up. Ours is in to the dealers right now for repair under warranty. I'll keep you all posted if there are any glitches along the way..... Hopefully we'll be able to start it more reliably in future......although we are heading down to VanBitz in October for some major additions including their solar panel charging device amongst other stuff :dance2:
.....and as I type, dealer is on the phone to say ignition barrel done and new engine battery about to go in as the one in just now isn't holding charge..... (been jump started a couple of times and is now cream crackered).....and battery also covered under warranty; so all in all a result!!:Grin:

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
:welcomesign:
I have had the ignition switch replaced but it was due to ABS/Airbag issue, not the battery drain issue you mention above, or so they said. Also on the list for the dash lighting to be modified. They will be checking my radio also due to the continue fan like sound that comes from it when it is switched off. If I open the driver door, the noise stops, very strange; I take the fuse out now hen we are parked up, that works (y)

See other thread here -> http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/fiat-recall.124467/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Did you get your rapid drain sorted@g8son

OP
OP
Baileysbus

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Did you get your rapid drain sorted@g8son
Too early to tell yet ......
We've not picked the van up yet (Monty by the way) as the battery is coming from Glasgow to the dealer. Hopefully fitted this pm, maybe tomorrow at the latest.
Guess it will be a few weeks standing before I'll know if it's draining still. Having read reports here it inevitably will, but maybe not as quickly as it was.
Hoping that it will be ok until we get to vanbitz and that the solar panel and other mods we're having done, will solve the problem and make it more secure and fit for travel in France early 2017........ looking for the elusive sun!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Baileysbus

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Well that's the van back and all's well so far.

A big :drinks:to Imperial Commercials of Cumbernauld who did the work. Ignition barrel and new engine battery both under warranty. No hassle. Just handed me back the keys.....no forms to sign or anything. Professional to deal with and the van left clean and tidy so no complaints there at all. When the time comes for a service.......I'll be back!

Now off to find some :sun:next week hopefully.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back