Free Member
Oct 14, 2013
Blyth northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hi. top
Exp
since 2010
Just in the process of purchasing our 2nd motorhome a Euromobil activa. Has anybody got any ideas on winter storage. It will be outside in a lock up. Thanks

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Welcome to the fun. I assume you mean it is in a locked storage compound rather than in a lockup which would be under cover. So what suggestions are you looking for, how to keep the battery charged, wheels and clutch free, thieves away from it or rodents out of it. Its a bit of an open ended question so unsure how to answer. There are a number of threads running about how to layup for the winter if that is what you mean.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Mobilmick

Free Member
Oct 14, 2013
Blyth northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hi. top
Exp
since 2010
Hi wildman. Yes it is in a locked storage compound and one of the thoughts i have had is to get a winter cover for it. I have been looking at Protec, Kampa, Maypole or any other breathable and waterproof cover there is on the market. Also to take the batteries out and keep them in a warm environment. I will be running it through the winter and being new to the site could you guide me to the threads running about how to lay up for the winter. thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
dont lay it up, use it::bigsmile: you know it makes sense.

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We have a Eura Mobil profila, so presume it's fairly similar. We keep ours on our drive. These German vans are built to withstand winter weather (the continentals don't grind to a halt just because it snows). Apart from draining the water and leaving the EHU connected we don't really go to any great lengths over winter. Obviously you'll need to take your batteries to put on charge but otherwise I don't think you need to be overconcerned.

In 2011 we went abroad leaving the van on the drive through that awful weather and it was fine. :thumb:

If there's anything specific you are looking for advice about just ask.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Mobilmick

Free Member
Oct 14, 2013
Blyth northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hi. top
Exp
since 2010
Thanks for the advice wynandjean but it was mainly for the times it gets bitter cold and heavier snow as we cannot get to the lock up all the time. If the weather forecast suggests it will be warm-ish and no snow then we can leave it off. Being in the north-east and near the north sea it can get pretty cold at times. We will be running it over the winter and not laying it up altogether cranky but taking it out for runs every 2 wks to a month or so. Wether we go to any sites for a few days we will just have to see. Thanks everyone.

Upvote 0
Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Just had a couple of jobs done by Paul at Northampton motorhome Services, he has an older Euromobile that he would not change it and he spends 4 - 6 weeks skiing every year and he has no problem with the cold weather

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
A 'cover' was included with ours but we never use it - the consensus is that the damage they tend to do to the surface ourweighs any protection they might offer.

...and as said previously ours stood on the drive for a fortnight and withstood the horrendous snow and ice two years back.

Wyn

Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I avoided covers as I have heard that you need to give the van a really good wash before you use them and let it fully dry.

If you don't when you drag the cover over, the dirt on the vehicle acts as an abrasive on the paint work...

I had a Eura Mobil and it was a fantastic van. It is my favourite make. I hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

Mobilmick

Free Member
Oct 14, 2013
Blyth northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hi. top
Exp
since 2010
Thanks everyone, I think I have decided to give the cover a miss as i don't fancy the van being scratched. Only had van a few days now but very impressed with it. Will be taking it to a site this weekend to give it its first airing

Upvote 0

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We used to put a cover on our motorhome and had no problem with scratching the surface, but what stopped us using it was we went to get the van one day in some very cold weather and because it was a breathable cover it was frozen to the roof!! and we had to move it into the sun to defrost it. We haven't used it since.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back