EU to end mobile roaming charges next year (1 Viewer)

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Excellent news. Just hope reducing the number of service providers doesn't have the same effect it's had on electricity supplies in the UK.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have no idea how this will work to be honest.

I am with Three. When I go abroad if I have roaming enabled I connect to another network. They will then charge Three for my data usage. Do they charge at their rates or at Three's rate? Who decides how this will work and how much a third party provider can charge your provider? Where will the competition come from if all networks have to charge the same?

I can see this ending up in a real mess and eventually end up becoming more expensive for the consumer....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bungy
Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
The intertrading between the companies is what is being addressed, to stop your provider inflating what they get charged by the network your roaming on, that rate is not that much more than a local contract customer would pay but you get a massive bill for no other reason than they can because your provider adds a fair bit of margin to what they pass through to you...

so its actually quite straight forward - and pretty simple to do as well - each operator merley has to change the trading rates for the number of other carriers there are, and then remove/reduce the pass through uplift on their billing system that you then pay

In all it could be done in a few hours...seriously...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back