EU Pet passport Whats the latest? (1 Viewer)

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
We are setting off for 5 weeks on Thursday and during our wandering we are hoping to get Ruby her French pet passport. I did read some have been refused but unsure if this was true and is still a problem in France.
We are heading over from Dover down towards the Atlantic coast Royan and returning from Caen.

Any recommended vets that have issued passports would be helpful.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We are setting off for 5 weeks on Thursday and during our wandering we are hoping to get Ruby her French pet passport. I did read some have been refused but unsure if this was true and is still a problem in France.
We are heading over from Dover down towards the Atlantic coast Royan and returning from Caen.

Any recommended vets that have issued passports would be helpful.
We'd be interested too although as Scruff is 13 now I'm not sure it's worth it......shhhh

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I've just read a post on the Animal Health Certificates Facebook page, claiming that French vets have now been instructed by their ruling body, that they are unable to issue a passport to British dogs, unless they have been in France for at least 3 months. They are using the date on the AHC in order to determine this.
This info came from the vets at Neufchatel who, until now, have been happy to issue passports to British dogs.šŸ˜„

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
I've just read a post on the Animal Health Certificates Facebook page, claiming that French vets have now been instructed by their ruling body, that they are unable to issue a passport to British dogs, unless they have been in France for at least 3 months. They are using the date on the AHC in order to determine this.
This info came from the vets at Neufchatel who, until now, have been happy to issue passports to British dogs.šŸ˜„
Thats the similar to what I seen. Just hope it's wrong. I will look up the vets we last used in Royan maybe fling them an E mail

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Well Belgium and Germany are out of the Question ATM require further tests or quarantine

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
I'm curious why you want a French passport for a British dog. Just curious, as the French passport will need a French address on it. Are you moving to France?

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I'm curious why you want a French passport for a British dog. Just curious, as the French passport will need a French address on it. Are you moving to France?
if you get a EU pet passport you no longer need to purchase a animal health certificate in the Uk prior to travel. vets are now charging silly money like Ā£180 per dog for it.
EU vets have been happy to use a campsite address and there is room in the passport for 2 addresses so you put your brit one in too.

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
Have a look on here, there are numerous threads been running since end of last year on PP and AHC do a search and you will get links from 1 to another. You have left this a bit late I think, you have a lot of reading to do. Bruce.

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
if you get a EU pet passport you no longer need to purchase a animal health certificate in the Uk prior to travel. vets are now charging silly money like Ā£180 per dog for it.
EU vets have been happy to use a campsite address and there is room in the passport for 2 addresses so you put your brit one in too.
How much?!?! WOW!!! No wonder people are looking at workarounds :) Thanks for the info :)

OP
OP
Fragle
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Exactly (y)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
How much?!?! WOW!!! No wonder people are looking at workarounds :) Thanks for the info :)
Once you have the EU pet passport, you no longer need to bother with these Animal Health Certs. The main downside seems to be all future rabies boosters need to be done in the EU.
Not too bad if you get the three year one though, or if your a regular traveller with your pet to the EU.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Our vet has told us they charge Ā£250 for an AHC.

Oct 3, 2014
Llanelli, Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido 891F A Class
Exp
Since 2014
My vet will charge Ā£250 for the AHC and Ā£75 for the rabies injection.

Apr 2, 2011
south essex Benfleet
Funster No
MH
CarthagoM liner.
Exp
since 1986 & tugger before
Some people have been quoted over Ā£300 now. The sky,s the limit Vote leave, we will be better off!! Bruce

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back