EU pet passport - vet info needed (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've looked at other threads but they've got a bit 'bloated' with other stuff so trying to extract the info I needs is a bit like 'find the needle in the haystack' so I've started this one instead.

We are planning on getting away in December for a couple of months in France/Spain/Portugal.

We have 3 dogs, Tazzy, Lily and Minky. Lily needs a rabies jab as hers ran out a couple of months ago, and Minky has never had one, Tazzy's doesn't run out until mid-January. I can get all 3 done here (appointment on Monday) alternatively I can leave Tazzy for now and just do Lily and Minky.

What I'm trying to ascertain is which vets will do a pet passport without insisting on the rabies jabs being repeated as I'd rather they didn't have to have them again from a 'health' point of view.

If I can get one who will transfer the rabies info then I'll get Tazzy done here along with the others to save having it done there, however if the vets are insisting on having them repeated I won't bother here and just have her done abroad.

So ... does anyone know of vets in the EU who will definitely transfer the rabies info across to PPs that they issue and if so where/cost so I can contact them and make plans accordingly.

Thanks muchly!

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I've looked at other threads but they've got a bit 'bloated' with other stuff so trying to extract the info I needs is a bit like 'find the needle in the haystack' so I've started this one instead.

We are planning on getting away in December for a couple of months in France/Spain/Portugal.

We have 3 dogs, Tazzy, Lily and Minky. Lily needs a rabies jab as hers ran out a couple of months ago, and Minky has never had one, Tazzy's doesn't run out until mid-January. I can get all 3 done here (appointment on Monday) alternatively I can leave Tazzy for now and just do Lily and Minky.

What I'm trying to ascertain is which vets will do a pet passport without insisting on the rabies jabs being repeated as I'd rather they didn't have to have them again from a 'health' point of view.

If I can get one who will transfer the rabies info then I'll get Tazzy done here along with the others to save having it done there, however if the vets are insisting on having them repeated I won't bother here and just have her done abroad.

So ... does anyone know of vets in the EU who will definitely transfer the rabies info across to PPs that they issue and if so where/cost so I can contact them and make plans accordingly.

Thanks muchly!
Of the 3 countries you mention - France/Spain/Portugal - I am pretty sure that Portugal will be the easiest one in which to get rabies vaccination info transferred, so maybe concentrate on that. I specifically remember Helen Ariel getting a Portuguese pet passport for her dog with transferred info as she was one of our bold pioneers. :clap2:

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Of the 3 countries you mention - France/Spain/Portugal - I am pretty sure that Portugal will be the easiest one in which to get rabies vaccination info transferred, so maybe concentrate on that. I specifically remember Helen Ariel getting a Portuguese pet passport for her dog with transferred info as she was one of our bold pioneers. :clap2:
Yes super easy. 30 euros and the rabies transferred over as she had 2 years left on it. Been in and back out using it no problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yes super easy. 30 euros and the rabies transferred over as she had 2 years left on it. Been in and back out using it no problem.
Thanks Helen, could you point me to the info please.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
I posted on your other thread. we used a vet in Rochefort easy parking in intermarche very good 57 Euro with rabies vac very good English speaking vet you would have to book to see her. Let me know if your down that way I'll send you address

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We get our Izzy done in Portugal it's 3 years, she is due again in the spring, last time it was €15 for the Rabies injection, it's not far from our friends villa so gives us an excuse it's in northern Portugal. 😁
Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Just want to say thanks to all who've contributed to this, although we're going to be postponing our trip until sometime next year (spring hopefully!) we're still going to get the dog' rabies jabs done on Monday so it's one less thing to think about in the future.

Please feel free to add the info though for others who may want to know.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back