Escape motorhome (1 Viewer)

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Hello to all,a word of warnig to all who might be considering purchasing any of the above range of Swift Motorhomes.
We ordered and paid a deposit for an Escape 622 at the Pickering show,along with the requst for various extra's to be fitted prior to our collection.At the same time we enquired of the salesman to get us a quote for the supply and fit of a towbarc/w a single socket.All of the above was clearly written onto the oder form prior to me signing and paying our deposit.
There was no sales brochure available at the show but, the dealer "Wandahome" said that I would get one before we left the site on the Monday,we did and I read it once home and was very surprised to see that there was no information re towing weights.
On the Monday morning I called Swift Technical Department to enquire re towing limits and was shoked to discover that they do not reccomend a towbar be fitted as the Escape range is fitted with a lightweight chassis.I requeted this information be sent to me via email and this was kindly done.
Much of the above I posted on another motorhome forum and this was answered by Swift Technical department who posted the following.WE DO OFFER TOWBARS ON CERTAIN MODELS AND NOT ON OTHERS FOR DESIGN REASONS.ON OUR WEBSITE THE OPTIONS ARE DETAILED PER MODEL WHICH CAN BE CONFIGURED TO THE VAN WHEN BUILDING UP THE PRICES.THOSE MODEL WHICH CAN HAVE A TOWBAR CAN AND THOSE WHO CANT DONT !!
THE ESCAPE RANGE OF MOTORHOMES HAVE NO OPTION TO CONFIGURE THE FITTING OF A TOWBAR.
The omission of this information on both the web site and the sales brochure is a very serious on in my opinion. And if the salemen at the various motorhome dealers that I have called are to be believed then Swift is guilty of misleading them and any prospective buyers of this otherwise lovely range of motorhome.
yours ,tjay

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back