Equivalents of Aires, and Britstops / France Passion schemes in Spain and Portugal (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
We're planning to head through France and into Spain and Portugal this Autumn - fingers crossed.

Do Spain and Portugal have anything similar to Aires, or the Britstops / France Passion schemes?

Thanks.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Loads of info if you Google for it.
Campercontact and Pitchup are just two websites of places.
Here's a string of info for stops and info on motorhoming Spain.

Broken Link Removed

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Both countries have aires. Install searchforsites it shows everything you requested. It’s worth paying the small extra fee per countries you intend to visit.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B
Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Cheers both. I've just downloaded the Camper contact app. First impressions are that it looks really useful.

There isn't an equivalent of France Passion then, staying at smallholdings, food producers, vineyards, etc.??

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
If you have a France Passion or Britstops book they show all the country schemes in the Federation Europeene da la Formule.

Aug 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1986
There definitely used to be a similar thing to France Passion called Espana Discovery . I don't know if it is still going

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
It’s our first year in motorhoming, so we’re giving various publications / clubs a go. We will continue with some, but drop others. (y)

OP
OP
B
Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Brendan + Kath - Yes - Espana Discovery is the sort of thing that I was thinking of. Nice photos on the website. However, only 200 locations is a lot less than Britstops or France Passion. I'll have a think about it.

Sapper520 - let us know what it looks like when the book arrives. (y)

Barti Ddu.

Aug 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1986
By the way Spain now has about 1000 aires. The Vicarious book is way out of date.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
By the way Spain now has about 1000 aires. The Vicarious book is way out of date.
That's why an app on a smart phone is so good.Books are over a year behind with information.You can update your app regularly. BUSBY.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
There isn't an equivalent of France Passion then, staying at smallholdings, food producers, vineyards, etc.??

We use SearchforSites in Spain. This is a nice free one on the route south......

Screenshot_20210827-211055_searchforsites.jpg

Surrounded by vines, they produce Cava.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
My España Discovery book and map came yesterday.

Good book with clear instructions. It’s in Spanish, English, French, German and Dutch. The scheme is affiliated to France Passion, Landvergnugen (Germany), Brit Stops, Swiss Terroir, Swede Stops and Pintrip (Denmark).

Types of Aires are listed…..Publica..Basic Service Area and Overnight. Privada..Basic Service Area and Overnight under payment. Parking..Just Parking no services. Camper Park (C.P.)..Camper Park with Services. It lists where there are costs but not how much.

I think it’s a useful guide, the cost of it would be down to the individual. Happy to answer questions but I don’t think I better put any photos of the guide or map on here due to copyrights. (y)

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
My España Discovery book and map came yesterday.

Good book with clear instructions. It’s in Spanish, English, French, German and Dutch. The scheme is affiliated to France Passion, Landvergnugen (Germany), Brit Stops, Swiss Terroir, Swede Stops and Pintrip (Denmark).

Types of Aires are listed…..Publica..Basic Service Area and Overnight. Privada..Basic Service Area and Overnight under payment. Parking..Just Parking no services. Camper Park (C.P.)..Camper Park with Services. It lists where there are costs but not how much.

I think it’s a useful guide, the cost of it would be down to the individual. Happy to answer questions but I don’t think I better put any photos of the guide or map on here due to copyrights. (y)
We also had this for Spain, however we didn’t think it offered enough to purchase it again unlike the brits stop or french passion

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
There was a scheme in Portugal called 'Portugaleasycamp' but can't get the website to open properly now...

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back