Epever Solar Charge Controller (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
Guys put this in the solar panel forum but have had no replies. This forum seems to get the most traffic. Any advice/help much appreciated. Here is the original post:-
"Advice please. Is this a recommended (or any opinions) regulator for two 120 watt solar panels and three 80 Ah gel batteries. The model number is LS1024B. Also would this also be able to charge the engine battery?"
Sorry I am not that clever with these things.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Just had a look at their website and it seems the LS 1024B has the following specification:
  • PWM operation (as opposed to MPPT) although PWM is fine for just a 120 watt panel
  • 10 amp max panel current so again, should be fine for a 120 watt single panel
  • Only one battery output (it’s really designed as a household regulator) so no, you would not be able to connect the starter battery as well. At least, not directly, but you could fit a battery master to achieve similar functionality.
There might be a better regulator option and I’m sure another funster will be along soon to recommend one.

Hope this helps.

P.s. just looked at your profile and if I owned a Concorde I think I would treat it to a higher spec system.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
For two 120w panels and 3 x 80Ah batteries this regulator is borderline. As stated above this motorhome deserves better than this very basic regulator. I would suggest an mppt regulator with two outputs. Loads of different ones available at a broad range of prices.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
It would be worth checking that whatever controller you end up with has a suitable charging profile for gel batteries. Quite a few are designed to charge standard flooded cell only.

'Quality' brands are Victron & Voltronic. If I've chosen the right one, to a good quality Taiwanese MPPT controller, used & recommended by Andy @Techno. Andy doesn't have gel batteries though, so I don't know whether this one is suitable for gels or not.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Just checked the spec and it does support Gel(y)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
I have this set up at the moment with 200w of solar ,and 3/ in two banks of 110A batteries has kept a good charge going for the last year ,they can be bought in the UK also

Price ??

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
It would be worth checking that whatever controller you end up with has a suitable charging profile for gel batteries. Quite a few are designed to charge standard flooded cell only.

'Quality' brands are Victron & Voltronic. If I've chosen the right one, to a good quality Taiwanese MPPT controller, used & recommended by Andy @Techno. Andy doesn't have gel batteries though, so I don't know whether this one is suitable for gels or not.
I've been using the 300 watt model for 5 yrs next month

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back