Eonon reversing/rear view mirror camera??? (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, has anybody any knowledge of the above - or any other reversing camera which fits onto the rear view mirror please?

The new motorhome is longer than the old one and I think a reversing camera, especially one which stays on whilst you are driving so you can see what is behind you is a good idea.

Any comments or opinions would be appreciated.

Ginny

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Hi, has anybody any knowledge of the above - or any other reversing camera which fits onto the rear view mirror please?

The new motorhome is longer than the old one and I think a reversing camera, especially one which stays on whilst you are driving so you can see what is behind you is a good idea.

Any comments or opinions would be appreciated.

Ginny
They come as standard on the top of the range Swift Models,when i got my Bessacarr it came with revering/Sat nav/and everything else but Small and no reverse image.The first thing i did was purchase a 7 in Monitor from vision also altered the wiring and fitted a 3 way switch on the dash so i could put it on while on the move

Bill :RollEyes::RollEyes:

cornishaich

Free Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Cornwall.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A year.
I have fitted a reversing camera, rearview mirror on our Autostratus 6/7 months ago and I am well pleased with it. I bought it on ebay for around £80.
Here is a link to the type of thing but I dont think it comes from the same dealer I used.
Link Removed

Harry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
They come as standard on the top of the range Swift Models,when i got my Bessacarr it came with revering/Sat nav/and everything else but Small and no reverse image.The first thing i did was purchase a 7 in Monitor from vision also altered the wiring and fitted a 3 way switch on the dash so i could put it on while on the move

Bill :RollEyes::RollEyes:

I like the idea of having it on when on the road, it is sometimes very important to see who is behind you and the idea of just looking in the mirror, as you would in a car, would be great.

Can you have them rigged to do this automatically, or do you have to have them adapted?

Ginny

coupey

Free Member
May 30, 2010
Gateshead
Funster No
MH
5th Wheeler
Exp
I have one fitted in my dodge pick up the screen is part of the rear view mirror and is about 3", when you select reverse it automatically comes on or you can manually select it. It is also wired up to the dvd player in the back so you can watch movies whilst waiting for her to do the shopping :ROFLMAO:

I had a separate camera on the back of the 5th wheel and the display was part of the head unit and again when reverse was selected this would come on so I could see how many trees and children I was running over when backing onto a pitch - very handy

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
I like the idea of having it on when on the road, it is sometimes very important to see who is behind you and the idea of just looking in the mirror, as you would in a car, would be great.

Can you have them rigged to do this automatically, or do you have to have them adapted?

Ginny
I dont know if they come rigged to do this Automaticlly i dont think so What i did was locate the control box for the camera in my case top of the dash took the reverse wire out and connected to the top post of the 3 way switch ign live to middle then cont box at the bottom this way you full it into reverse by the touch of the switch

Bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
I dont know if they come rigged to do this Automaticlly i dont think so What i did was locate the control box for the camera in my case top of the dash took the reverse wire out and connected to the top post of the 3 way switch ign live to middle then cont box at the bottom this way you full it into reverse by the touch of the switch

Bill

Hi everybody, We have ordered the camera etc, spoken to Marquis Northampton who will be fitting it for us and everything is sorted.

Thanks so much for your advice, we are really looking forward to picking up the new motorhome, with all the extra bits and pieces!

Ginny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back