Entrepreneurial Spirit is Still Alive... (1 Viewer)

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Genius or Greed.....?

Why does it have to be one extreme or the other?

Maybe he just saw an opportunity to make money by meeting a need and had the initiative to give it a go, which is what entrepreneurs do. Not sure I'd blow £155,000 like that myself (even if I had it), but good luck to him - I hope he doesn't make a loss.

OP
OP
callumwa

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I'm on the side of Genius.

It is reported that it is a 14 mile diversion due to the road closure. I don't know if that is true, but if it is, unless your car does over 40 mpg, you save money for your £2, let alone a lot of time...

(y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
He has to see a 1000 cars a day to get his money back. Current traffic levels fall short of that and he is having to put in retrospective planning permission. Not sure he thought it through, but good luck to him.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I just hope the council don't pull out all the stops, and get loads of extra men on the job! Just to get it finished in double quick time!
You never know , they might just do it to prove a point and put off other people thinking about doing it.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Bath and North East Somerset Council has criticised the project, questioning its safety and whether drivers would be insured on the road.

“The Council has no details to confirm the toll road design meets safety standards and no evidence that insurances are in place for any member of the public who use the private toll road," a council spokesman told Western Daily Press.

Well, GET A GRIP and get the proper road repaired then! In 1726, General Wade built a coast to coast road ACROSS SCOTLAND in less then a year, without machines, so surely in 2014, a small landslip can be repaired?? No bitching when they spend the highway budget on cones and road barriers, it seems. Better still, forget the repair, and just buy the field from the farmer!!

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Whilst driving from Granada to Malaga in Jan 2009 we were impressed to be diverted around a village whilst the 2-lane 2 carriageway road was being repaired. The diversion seemed to be on tarmac laid directly over grass and a speed limit of 30kph was in place.

3 months later the road had been finished and we saw no trace of the diversion (although we were travelling considerably faster, so vision was somewhat less easy). We realised during our stay in Spain that they had a totally different attitude to the production and repair of roads: a 15mile section of the A7 from Malaga to Fuengirola was resurfaced on both 4-lane carriageways in the space of 10days, without much obvious delay to traffic!

Life should be a learning process - Gordon

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
I say good for him for having the initiative. I hope it works out well and that he makes himself a nice little nest egg.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back