Entering Greek place names into Tomtom (1 Viewer)

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
I am foxed. I hAve guide books in English that use anglicised Greek names for towns and attractions. When I type them in however I get the name up in Greek script and have no idea if it is the same place or not. Tried to find Olympia today and I got about 12 variations of it none of which matched Olympia.

Some names I type in are totally unrecognisable. I know that I could get a Greek map and set the TT to a Greek character keyboard but surely there must be an easier way. I have searched the settings in TT and the Web to no avail.

Dick

OP
OP
Glandwr

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Thanks Nick, that's what I have done so far but it is quite a hassle getting them in the first place through Osmand etc.

Dick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Google Maps will find them for you but it's a faff if you're using a phone or tablet. Easy with a laptop.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Don't bother the English spelling of Greek towns can have up to 3 variations they even vary road sign to road sign, if I didn't have coordinates I pin pointed the position on the satnav map. Do be aware a lot of minor roads on Greek maps are actually dirt tracks, our IGO Premo software appeared to have them all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back