Entering Belgium from France (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I have a £200 dfds credit that I'd like too use by the end of the year. I am looking at travelling to Dunkirk, then going into Belgium. I have discovered that a PCR test is required if staying in Belgium for more than 48 hours.

Question is, how on earth can that be enforced if entering Belgium from France? There are no border controls, I won't be using hotels, and I can't imagine cafes and restaurants being interested.

I am double jabbed, and am only going for a short (4 night) break anyway.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
It can't be unless you actually hit a APNR at the border crossing and had the most ruthless detective that would make Poirot look like a first year beat bobby. I simply can not see them doing all that to catch Eric on a bike.

do check though as last time I checked the Brits were not even allowed in to Belgium without a reason and that included transiting through.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
It can't be unless you actually hit a APNR at the border crossing and had the most ruthless detective that would make Poirot look like a first year beat bobby. I simply can not see them doing all that to catch Eric on a bike.

do check though as last time I checked the Brits were not even allowed in to Belgium without a reason and that included transiting through.
But if they resurrect Clouseau ... You will have to state whether you have a bum in your wardrobe and be able to perform the 'Does your dog bite?' scene without pause, hesitation, repetition or deviation, whilst singing the Marseillaise to the tune Deutscheland uber Alles under Humphrey Lyttleton's adjudication. And recite Section 3.3 from the Border Guard's Operational Manual [8th October 2019 version] (y) :unsure:

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
You need to create a Passenger locator form for Belgium and that is what will be checked. The PCR test can be done in the UK before you arrive or on arrival in Belgium (or France). It's cheaper and quicker to get done in Belgium as a fixed cost of EUR55.

Alternatively stay less than 48 hours

And Belgium Track and Trace do check as I was called twice last week when I was over there but i do agree you are unlikely to get stopped in the first place as no border controls but they do occasionally have checks on the roads.

May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
That changed about 3 weeks ago you just need to complete a PLF and have a PCR test on day 1 or day 7 unless transiting and staying less than 48 hours in Belgium.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
We entered Belgium a few days ago to visit vet. We didn’t notice the border entering or leaving.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
We entered Belgium last Thursday and parked up at an out-of-the-way wild camping spot by a canal. Shortly after arriving we took the dog for a walk along the towpath - and within 10 mins were passed by a police car driving along it. We expected there to at least be a note on the windscreen when we got back but nothing. Late on in the evening the alarm decided to malfunction and we couldn’t get the bloody thing to stop for about 15 mins (felt like hours!). So much for trying to keep under the radar! :rofl:

The next day we drove on out of Belgium well within our 48 hours ……..

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
We entered Belgium last Thursday and parked up at an out-of-the-way wild camping spot by a canal. Shortly after arriving we took the dog for a walk along the towpath - and within 10 mins were passed by a police car driving along it. We expected there to at least be a note on the windscreen when we got back but nothing. Late on in the evening the alarm decided to malfunction and we couldn’t get the bloody thing to stop for about 15 mins (felt like hours!). So much for trying to keep under the radar! :rofl:

The next day we drove on out of Belgium well within our 48 hours ……..
Well at least you now know the Flemish for 'Noisy buggers, clear off, and don't rush back', which come in handy for your next visit ... If you can just learn, 'Now, I'm not from Ukraine, it's the new nationality plate ...' you'll get a gold star :unsure: And a special stamp in your passport if you can prove that you've seen or still have a DVD of 'Rien a Declarer' ...

We watched that film in our French village with the locals so caught about 1 word in 6,[but a lot of the humour so OK, especially the idiot crook in charge of the signage for the people smuggling vehicle, 'Naw, Chief, it is spelled right; 'Amblance', like it sounds'. Knowing that it would be shown, we did order our own DVD with English sub titles to watch at our hovel to piece the story together ... :LOL: I saw nothing wrong with 'Amblance' ...

Steve

Reactions: maz

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
As a minor form of rebellion, we are refusing to replace our GB stickers with UK ones. We also still display our ‘B*ll*cks to Br*x*t’ stickers …….
I detest this 'Flag Fornication' nonsense. It does encourage puerile responses, akin to blowing a raspberry. My new Driving Licence is stored in a plastic wallet that has a Saltire stuck to the outside to obscure the flag that WM Government slaps onto everything. Brainwashing I don't need, there's a danger of it shrinking ... :LOL:

Steve

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
As a minor form of rebellion, we are refusing to replace our GB stickers with UK ones. We also still display our ‘B*ll*cks to Br*x*t’ stickers …….
Have never had any stickers on my cars and been going over 3-4 times a year, they can tell where you are from by the number plates so probably won’t worry to much.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Went into Belgium on Monday & came out Tuesday no sign of any checks, I did fill in the online form.

If only going for 4 days fill out the form and 48 hours later do it again, any query just say you went back into France before returning to Belgium.

May 23, 2013
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Have never had any stickers on my cars and been going over 3-4 times a year, they can tell where you are from by the number plates so probably won’t worry to much.
No other country seems to have a sticker at all its all on the number plate we have them as you can buy a number plate without those country codes.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
No other country seems to have a sticker at all its all on the number plate we have them as you can buy a number plate without those country codes.
It's acceptable on the number plate in all EU countries apart from Spain & Malta, non EU countries require the sticker e. g. Switzerland, Norway etc.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back