English Sausages Made In Portugal... (1 Viewer)

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Had to try one sausage properly...

So... home made sausage, home made burger, home made chips and home opened beans...

JJ :Cool:

That looks really nice I am slobbering and drooling like a Labrador:ROFLMAO:

what was the taste like JJ you did not say

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well John... taste is great... the seasoning I chose (comes in a big packet) was the right choice (nothing fancy) but I did put a little too much in the first batch... I will still scoff the lot though... Next time they will be more to my taste by reducing the amount of the seasoning...

Hi Mel (and Christine), where have you been when I needed you for some finer points of sausage making?

I do not want my sausages too tasty... that is the whole point of making my own... I like plain tastes... none of this pork and apple or spicy ham and daffodil flavour nonsense... just a plain banger for me... :thumb:

JJ.:Cool:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
The sausage making equipment arrived this morning... :thumb:

I have been to the supermarket and bought the meats...

I have bought kitchen scales and a mixing bowl from the Chinese shop...

I have returned to the Wagon and washed all the equipment...

Just having a coffee before I do a test run and manufacture 1lb of Traditional Style English Sausages...

Exciting or what?...

PS... not happy about the mincer or burger press colour but what can you do?

That looks more like a drug dealer kit than a sausage making kit::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I like some of the cheap supermarket ones with no strong tastes I do not like the really expensive ones

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Well John... taste is great... the seasoning I chose (comes in a big packet) was the right choice (nothing fancy) but I did put a little too much in the first batch... I will still scoff the lot though... Next time they will be more to my taste by reducing the amount of the seasoning...

Hi Mel (and Christine), where have you been when I needed you for some finer points of sausage making?

I do not want my sausages too tasty... that is the whole point of making my own... I like plain tastes... none of this pork and apple or spicy ham and daffodil flavour nonsense... just a plain banger for me... :thumb:

JJ.:Cool:

Sorry JJ...Chris has been very very ill in Spain...and I mean ill..At Benicassim....Also we have not been on the internet....I will PM you with details....The sausage's looks Great, and you should be a very proud man you seem to be doing great.

Now over in France there has been an outcry, it was in the English/French newspaper connection that a large % it could have been 75% and Higher, they have not been using fresh food in there restaurants even though they have been charging the high prices and giving the impression of this ....they have been using boil in a bag and frozen....(and may have even been using baked beans and Fray Bentos pies and gravy mix??? hehe) they have now got disclose on the menu if fresh food is being used!!!!!!....they are not happy bunnies!!!
Well all I can say for the JJs Portuguese Sausages...they are freshly made, from fresh ingredients...Home freshly opened B/Beans....freshly made beef burgers, with home freshly opened F/B pies..and freshly home made chips cooked on the spot...you should be up there with the best chefs in the UK and the world with at least 5 Michelin stars….Keep up the good work…long live the good old English Banger……Well JJ... I would much prefer to eat your food than the "F" words and those other Poncing so called chefs quisine if that's what they call food.two blobs and a scrape of brown and dots all over the plate HaHaHa....Mel

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Sorry JJ...Chris has been very very ill in Spain...and I mean ill..At Benicassim....Also we have not been on the internet....I will PM you with details....The sausage's looks Great, and you should be a very proud man you seem to be doing great.

Now over in France there has been an outcry, it was in the English/French newspaper connection that a large % it could have been 75% and Higher, they have not been using fresh food in there restaurants even though they have been charging the high prices and giving the impression of this ....they have been using boil in a bag and frozen....(and may have even been using baked beans and Fray Bentos pies and gravy mix??? hehe) they have now got disclose on the menu if fresh food is being used!!!!!!....they are not happy bunnies!!!
Well all I can say for the JJs Portuguese Sausages...they are freshly made, from fresh ingredients...Home freshly opened B/Beans....freshly made beef burgers, with home freshly opened F/B pies..and freshly home made chips cooked on the spot...you should be up there with the best chefs in the UK and the world with at least 5 Michelin stars….Keep up the good work…long live the good old English Banger……Well JJ... I would much prefer to eat your food than the "F" words and those other Poncing so called chefs quisine if that's what they call food.two blobs and a scrape of brown and dots all over the plate HaHaHa....Mel

JJ is it Rissoles next !:winky: or Hash browns....:thumb: ...Mel

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
1 kilo of Wagon Made English Recipe sausages sit in my freezer... ::bigsmile:

A good evening's work in my opinion...

Photos of a few of them...

Attachments

• more sausages... 2nd batch....jpg
    more sausages... 2nd batch....jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 33
  • sausage making... 2nd batch 2.jpg
    sausage making... 2nd batch 2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 28

otis the staffy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2010
Funster No
jj finest

Well done JJ a fine effort we do the pies ,burgers ,pasties etc but not yet done the sausage your efforts have encouraged us.What a glowing report from Mel the chip shop owner now retired.:thumb:Stay Safe

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Well done JJ a fine effort we do the pies ,burgers ,pasties etc but not yet done the sausage your efforts have encouraged us.What a glowing report from Mel the chip shop owner now retired.:thumb:Stay Safe

Thank you sir for those kind words....Mel

patyogi

Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
Deal, Kent
Funster No
MH
self convert, left hooker
Exp
too long
Real or wat!

I wish to announce that there will soon be an English Sausage Maker located in Central Portugal...

Although it is possible to buy frozen English Bangers in the Algarve (which is frequented by hoards of Brits), it is not possible for me to get the sort of sausages I like around here.

Stimulated by the recent success of my home made burgers, I decided to try to make my own sausages. Guided by Mel and Christine (Heyupluv) and the internet, I have just ordered all the necessary equipment from Blighty and at the end of next week I hope to produce a batch of superb, tasteless, English sausages just like I use to buy back home...::bigsmile:

Are you a real person, English what in where? Are you a traveller or an oyster dish raiser, don't answer that. Footprint not to good that far south....thank feck!
Stuff yer sausages and try the charizo.:shout:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Are you a real person, English what in where? Are you a traveller or an oyster dish raiser, don't answer that. Footprint not to good that far south....thank feck!
I feel I should reply to your post but unsure how? ~Hopefully JJ will have a diplomatic answer for you I wouldn't trust my gut reaction it would get me banned.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

You have every right to feel the way you do because I would too reading my bit about the sausages!

I hate the ex pats who try to live as the English do in the Algarve and won't adapt and refuse to absorb any local culture...

I should explain... I live and work in central Portugal and have been here every winter for over ten years... I now live (in my van) here permanently. I am learning (slowly) the language and work with (great) Portuguese people in a Portuguese company paying Portuguese taxes... I don't have a sat dish to watch UK telly (I watch Portuguese Sport TV).

I work my little piece of land in Portugal with my own hands...

I, and this is the real point to the post, hate, loathe and detest the various tastes of the local sausages (charizo as you call them)... much much much too strongly tasting for my taste...

Now... I hope you no longer feel so angry with me...

PS. Welcome to Fun and I am sure you will enjoy site at what ever level you choose to use it...

Things here are not always what they seem to be at first glance...

I found that after I had learned more about the different characters here I enjoyed it even more...

patyogi

Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
Deal, Kent
Funster No
MH
self convert, left hooker
Exp
too long
Belief systems

I suppose after full-timing it for over 8 yrs and returning to Blighty for a few more(ailing parents) and returning to the old haunts and finding them bursting with Brits,/Dutch/Germans
all trying to turn the place they love to visit in their own little patches of national identity.....pees me off.

we all love ..abroad... because it is so.
Child of the universe, I belong to the Earth, the creator owns it!
Trash it and she will have your bollix!

And boy have we trashed it....:Eeek:

otis the staffy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2010
Funster No
real or watt

Patyogi what a wonderful post I bet folk are dieing to meet you.JJ inspired me to try and make some sausages.Now if you are a sample of the NON RELIGIOUS MINISTERS you are in the wrong job, but you have also inspired this 60year old to take up Religion welcome to Fun you seem like a good laugh.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Stay Safe

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back