Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Our van was registered new last September (2020). Still less than 4000 miles on the clock, 140bhp, manual.

some months ago we had the amber engine warning light come on, and ‘Check Engine’. We called out Camper Assistance (RAC), who cleared the error message and told us to contact Fiat Garage if it comes on again.

200 miles later it was back on. In April, the Fiat garage diagnosed a faulty DPF sensor (surprise , surprise), replaced it and off we went.

Heading back from Devon last week, on comes the same warning lights. Didn’t bother with Camper Assistance, just booked it in the the garage….4th August!

I’ve had to move the van a couple of times to get the car out, all lights still coming on. Wednesday I had to move it again……No warning lights or messages. 🤷‍♂️

Still taking it to the garage on 4th August, but I am now scratching my head.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
It’s a soft fault, goes off after a few ignition cycles.

It will still be stored in the memory though so best get it checked.

OP
OP
Sapper520

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Update. It’s finally 4th August.

There were ‘a number’ of old error codes, but an outstanding software update ‘should’ have sorted the problems.

Last I checked my software was up to date. 🤷‍♂️

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
In my experience all vans are hypocondriacs even when running well they fear something is wrong.

Something like an electrical joint flexing, low battery voltage or a wheel loosing grip over gravel or cattle grids is enough to throw a code.

Cheers James

OP
OP
Sapper520

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
In my experience all vans are hypocondriacs even when running well they fear something is wrong.

Something like an electrical joint flexing, low battery voltage or a wheel loosing grip over gravel or cattle grids is enough to throw a code.

Cheers James
Agreed.

However, how much is all this software update stuff going to cost me once we’re out of warranty. 🤔

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back