engine turning but not firing (1 Viewer)

swiftcalled1ggy

Free Member
Nov 16, 2011
sw scoland
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato swift 1.9td
Exp
Hi folks,can anyone offer any advice? I started my Swift Ducato 570 1.9td after a couple of weeks sitting idle on the drive,anyway, it started fine and i moved it a few feet letting it tick over, i noticed the fuel gauge had not moved,after a few more minutes i switched the ignition off. When i went to re-start ( 5 minuts later)the engine ,after the heater plug light went out it would only turn over but not fire up:cry:I knew there was fuel in it but put 5 gallon in just incase someone nicked the fuel but this didn't solve the problem,anyone got any advice cos I'm at my wit's end :Doh:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Could be that the fuel cut off solenoid has now stuck in the off postion, try turning the ignition on and off a few times.

Peter

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if some scroat did syphon it dry you may need to bleed the system.

i think the 1.9 has a mechanical pump so if the fuel filter housing has a button on top press the button until it cant be pressed any more.

try starting....

if it still wont you may need to bleed the injectors.

do this by 'cracking' (loosen) the injector feed pipes, one at a time, while cranking until fuel appears then tighten.

otherwise it could be the fuel cutoff seloniod or fuse is faulty.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
what age is your van? does it have a factory fitted immobiliser? they can be a bummer for not deactivating, are any lights still on the dash?
rule this out first as it's a common problem.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
IF they never blow why do they have them :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I didn't say they never blow, I said they should never blow. They blow only under a fault condition mainly to prevent a fire when the cable gets hot.

The fuse is usually chosen to suit the cable size though it can be lower if a convenient cable size is capable of a lot more current than the gadget requires. So a 10A cigarette lighter socket could be wired in 20A cable but the socket would melt above 10A and therefore a 10A fuse will be used.

If you don't find the fault it remains there just waiting to happen again.

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
I didn't say they never blow, I said they should never blow. They blow only under a fault condition mainly to prevent a fire when the cable gets hot.

The fuse is usually chosen to suit the cable size though it can be lower if a convenient cable size is capable of a lot more current than the gadget requires. So a 10A cigarette lighter socket could be wired in 20A cable but the socket would melt above 10A and therefore a 10A fuse will be used.

If you don't find the fault it remains there just waiting to happen again.
well thats me been told:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back